To help relieve poverty in Sichuan by implementing small-scale village-based projects.
- Integrated Projects in four villages;
- Sustainable Livelihoods – Income Generation Projects in two villages;
- Education Support projects including post-earthquake supplies provision and playground construction for schools, library-establishment, and school fees support;
- Earthquake Relief Projects—in the county town and rural project villages both, with funds from donations to DORS for earthquake relief; and a four-village Post-Earthquake Rebuilding Project;
- Rural Energy Projects—fuel-efficient stoves and biogas systems building projects;
- 1999, Ms.Rose Acock, the director of DORS, won the national “Friendship Award”;
- 2000, “Sichuan Jinding Award” by Sichuan provincial government;
- 2001, “Outstanding Contribution Award” by Hanyuan county government;
- 2002, Ms.Rose Acock was awarded Most Excellent Order of the British Empire(MBE) by the British Crown for her excellent poverty relief work in China;
- 2006 “International Award for Eradicating Poverty” by Sichuan Poverty Relief Office.
Misereor, PCD, Kadoorie Foundation, Xiong Da Run(academician with the Chinese Academy of Sciences).
Sichuan Office of Poverty Alleviation and Immigration, Sichuan Association of Poverty Alleviation and Development.
DORS approach is to work together with communities to find out what assistance they need to improve their livelihoods. We believe that the farmers themselves are the people most able to understand their own situation, and to initiate change. DORS rural development projects are integrated and sustainable, so that the benefits will complement each other.