The Deyou Social Work Service Center was founded on December 20th, 2015 and formally established on August 17th, 2016. It is one of the first non-profit social work professional service organizations registered with the Civil Affairs Bureau and Grassroots Organization Management Office in Zhongyuan District, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province.
The Deyou Social Work Service Center was launched by the first batch of social workers in Henan Province, with the Chinese motto “尚善若水，德以佑人” (as good as water, helping people with morality). Its aim is to provide varied and high-quality services to various groups of people. The target groups are mainly the elderly and teenagers. Disabled people, women, unemployed people, migrant workers and other marginal groups are also involved.
- People oriented, helping people to help themselves;
- Based on the communities, promote harmony together;
- Serve the public, warm the world.
- Taking care of disabled and dementia elder people;
- Helping the children of migrant workers;
- Colorful handicraft workshop;
- Red theatre.
- 2014 the deputy director was awarded with “charity organization funding and resource development capacity building graduate certificate”.
- 2016 the deputy director was awarded with the honor “National Tourism Bureau Chinese Cultural Tourism Promotion Ambassador”.
Zhongyuan District Jianshe Street office; Zhongyuan District Jianshe Street office Xiezuo road community office; Jianshe Street Volunteer service station; Small Water Drop Volunteer Service Team of North China University of Water Resources and Electric Power (NCWU).
- 1. Project-based operation, keep it normalized, sustainable and professional
- 2. Closely combined with the need of the communities, in order to carry out a wide range of activities at the district level
- 3. Pay attention to the supervision and evaluation of the projects and the social work and manage in a systematic way.
- 4. Pay attention to basic theory research, to provide a theoretical framework for work practice.