Applications for the 2018 Asia Foundation Development Fellows program will be accepted through November 20, 2017. Click here to review application information.
The Asia Foundation Development Fellows: Emerging Leadership for Asia’s Future program provides highly qualified, young professionals from Asia with an unparalleled opportunity to strengthen their leadership skills and gain in-depth knowledge of Asia’s critical development challenges. The year-long professional advancement program draws on The Asia Foundation’s extensive 18-country network and deep expertise working with innovative leaders and communities across the region. The program is designed to be a multifaceted experience, involving intensive learning modules – short courses, conferences, and study tours in Asia and the U.S. – to enhance leadership skills, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure.
The program is comprised of the following five components:
1) The Leadership Training Program offered in partnership with the Korea Development Institute (KDI) School of Public Policy and Management in South Korea;
2) The Workshop on Asian Development, held each year in a different Asian nation;
3) A two-week leadership dialogue and study tour opportunity in the U.S.;
4) A flexible professional development stipend/ award of US$5,000; and
5) A mentoring component allowing Fellows to tap into The Asia Foundation’s extensive human resources and thematic expertise.
The 2018 program will consist of two intensive modules, including two weeks in Asia and another two weeks in the United States, allowing Fellows to stay in their current occupations during the Fellowship year.
2018 PROGRAM DATES
The 2018 program will be conducted in South Korea, Sri Lanka, and USA (San Francisco, New York, and Washington DC) with a flexible small grant award of US $5,000 provided.
November 20, 2017 (Monday, 11:59pm PST): Application deadline
January 2018: Selection finalized
April 14 – 29, 2018: South Korea – Leadership Training Program; Sri Lanka – Workshop on Asian Development
September 16 – October 1, 2018: USA – Leadership Dialogue and Exchange