We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to develop into the person and
professional they want to be, including and especially those that work in service of
That Spark is a learning design company that enables China’s social sector workforce
to improve performance and have a better journey to impact. That Spark allows
learners to gain skills and a supportive community, and organizations to train and
engage their network of staff, partners, and volunteers so that they can scale faster
and deliver more value to their stakeholders.
We are growing our team and are now looking for an experienced Director of
Product Marketing to lead our go-to-market strategy and deliver our unique value
proposition to customers across the social sector market in China.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of increasing responsibility in a product
marketing role, and practical experience in working with organizations or businesses
to improve performance.
Location is not important but, ideally, candidates would be based in our Shanghai
office or in a strategic market location.
We are looking for YOU to join us to ignite that spark, together
Because of your passion to support China’s growing number of changemakers, you
are driven to understand how people learn and how unique applications of design
and technology can help them do their jobs better.
You are intensely curious about thoughts and behaviors and want to dig deep into
what works and why.
You solve problems in order to meet strict production deadlines but still manage to
bring creativity, fresh perspectives, and a winning attitude to whatever you are
working on. You have demonstrated that you are results-oriented and able to work
well in a fast-moving team.
This role will be responsible for developing That Spark’s China go-to-market strategy
as well as supporting messaging, content, sales tools, collateral, and targeted
marketing programs to drive further awareness of and opportunities for our Learning
Platform for social service organizations and their workforce.
In this role, you will:
● Bring domain expertise on how That Spark’s product capabilities can solve
performance challenges in our target market
● Understand the That Spark product, its relative strengths, weaknesses, product
gaps, and product strategy and roadmap; also understand the competitor
● Play an active role in strategy to enable That Spark to improve product-market
● Support product delivery team with content production and coaching services
● Work with product team to conduct experiments on desirability, feasibility,
and viability of our product
● Support impact strategy development and data collection efforts to create
compelling customer stories for sales and fundraising
● With team, create pricing models and strategy
● Evolve and revise customer personas and identify targets
● Map customer networks and access points; build strategy to go after new
● Continuously monitor how That Spark’s messaging and positioning is
resonating with customers and adjust our messaging accordingly
● Collaborate within the team to agree on marketing campaign themes and
messaging, content and collateral requirements, and production schedules;
ensure campaigns are of high quality and executed on time
● Produce core content necessary for each campaign, including white papers,
reports, website copy, infographics, sales presentations, etc.
● Provide enablement and direct support to the sales team
● Be a thought leader in the industry. Present at conferences, events, and in
sales engagements with prospects as a subject-matter expert (SME)
The right candidate will have these awesome qualities:
– Enthusiasm and passion to support China’s changemakers on their journeys to
– Fresh, interesting perspectives on learning and development in general and
on the philanthropy and social sector, specifically
– Superb problem-solving skills and mindset
– Experience in go-to-market strategy building and execution
– Experience in inbound and outbound marketing approaches
– Track record of networking and community building
– Experience in market research, data collection, and analysis
– Experience in personal, professional, and leadership development training or
facilitation a plus
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in both Chinese and
– Strong interest in working in a small, fast-growing startup
What you can expect to have from That Spark:
– An opportunity to create products that truly delight our users and make a
meaningful difference in their work-lives
– A mission-driven and result-oriented team, who will appreciate and support
– A chance to grow with an ambitious start-up that has exciting plans for future
expansion; as we grow, so will you and your chance to make a big impact
– Competitive compensation and benefits
If you’d like to join us, we would love to hear from you.