PUR Projet is a global leader in supply chain sustainability. We develop socio-environmental projects within the supply chains of our Corporate Partners. Through the economic and social empowerment of local communities and the introduction of sustainable development initiatives at the agricultural level; PUR Projet seeks to address climate change, while regenerating and preserving the ecosystems upon which these supply chains depend. Many of PUR Projet’s projects fall within the categories of insetting, regenerative agriculture, agroforestry, forest conservation and landscape restoration.
PUR Projet is an impact driven social business and B Corp, based in Paris, France. We operate programs in > 40 countries. PUR Projet has a depth of experience in South America, Asia, Africa and Europe, and is currently expanding its scope within East Asia. PUR Projet’s clients’ range in size varies but includes large programs with entities such as Clarins, Burberry, L’Oréal, AccorHotels, Caudalie, Maisons du Monde, etc.
More information on PUR Projet and our work can be found on our website at www.purprojet.com.
PUR Projet is seeking an ambitious, creative and engaging, impact driven individual for a role of Project Officer in the day to day management, monitoring and supervision of afforestation, agroforestry and ecosystem restoration projects in China, on behalf of PUR Projet’s new and existing clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES责任
PROJECT, MANAGEMENT, MONITORING AND REPORTING 项目管理，检测，报告
– Structure, plan, coordinate and monitor the implementation of project activities at the farm and landscape level.
– Build, train and manage local partners, farmers and beneficiaries, for project implementation activities
– Structure, plan and implement a project impact monitoring and evaluation framework, including measures of project progress, ecosystem service benefits and benefits to beneficiaries
– Data collection and reporting
– Track and report on project budgets and progress for internal management purposes
PARTNERSHIP MANAGEMENT AND SUPPORT 合作管理以及支持
– Support the Programs Team (in contact with the client) including local partners (cooperatives, farmers, NGOs, local fundations, etc.), beneficiaries and clients when needed.
– Coordinate project field visits with and for clients and partners
– Help local partners towards increased autonomy, incl. development of project management and supervision tools
– Support local partners’ empowerment and formalization (administrative), using trainings and other socialization tools
PROJECT STUDY/DEVELOPMENT/DESIGN 项目研究
– Assess the feasibility of, and co-design (with project manager) new ecosystem restoration projects
EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION & REPRESENTATION 宣传
– Represent PUR Projet with partners and beneficiaries in the field
– Support the development of marketing and communication materials in Chinese (+ Japanese-Korean if possible) related to PUR Projet’s work in general, and with specific reference to projects
SUPPORT INNOVATION 创新
– Work with the international team to continually improve PUR Projet’s project, management and communications tools and procedures, to ensure PUR Projet continue to offer industry leading services and opportunities to its Clients and Partners
– Be creative and bring forward opportunities and concepts that can improve the impact and sustainability of PUR Projet’s projects.
The successful Candidate will report to Joel Baumgartner, Asia-Pacific Projects Coordinator. The successful Candidate will also be expected to closely collaborate with a number of colleagues based in the Paris Office.
– Bachelors (or equivalent) degree in Forestry, Agronomy, Agronomical Sciences, Soil Management, Crop Science, Agroecology, Applied Ecology, Environmental Sciences/Management or a related field. A Masters-level (or equivalent) degree in a similar, related, or relevant field is considered an asset.
– Degrees in Political Science, Development, Business or other Sciences, will be considered if relevant additional professional experience in the field of agronomy or environmental protection is present.
– Minimum of 1 years’ experience in field project implementation and management related to agronomy, ecosystem restoration and/or human development.
– Any experience related to social and environmental policy, innovative business development and corporate social responsibility will be seen as an asset.
– Proficient in the use Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint; social media applications; and comfort with cloud-based data storage applications such as Dropbox and/or Google Drive and/or One Drive. General competence in the use graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator an asset
– An understanding and comfort with statistics and social, scientific and/or economic research methodologies is seen as an asset.
– Comfort with frameworks for ecosystem service modelling and impact metrics a benefit.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS 个人特征
We are seeking an individual who takes strong responsibility and accountability for their work. An individual who is driven, self-reliant and comfortable working both autonomously and in a team. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills will be seen as a strong asset due to the nature of the work and interaction with clients, partners and beneficiaries of the projects.
– Candidates must be fluent in Chinese and English
– French and/or Japanese and/or Korean will be considered an additional benefit
WORKING CONDITIONS 工作条件
– We are looking for an individual to fulfill a full-time position.
– The successful candidate will work regularly from Kunming, and will be expected to travel on a regular basis, between 30-50% of the time. Travel will occur majorly in China, but trips to the head office in Paris should also be expected, as well as trips to other East-Asian countries can be expected depending on the profile of the candidate.
– Candidates will be expected to be comfortable working both outdoors, on projects in the field, in varying conditions, and in the office.
– Candidates will be expected to have flexible working time, sometimes during weekends and/or evenings, depending on the project needs.
RECRUITMENT PROCESS 招聘程序
– PUR Projet kindly asks that interested candidates submit their CV and a cover letter (both in English), describing their motivation and relevant experience, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘PROJECTS OFFICER CHINA – LAST NAME, FIRST NAME’
– It is kindly requested that all submissions are made by January 31st, 2019
– The candidates shortlisted will
receive an email to request a telephone interview (Telephone interviews may begin as soon as possible for candidates who have submitted their documents early)
The next stage of the recruitment process will be an in-person interview
– Please be prepared to have 3 references available upon request
– The successful candidate will start with PUR Projet as soon as possible
– 5000-8000 CNY / month depending on experience
– Accident/illness Commercial insurance reimbursed
– 15 days paid leaves/year
– Travel expenses reimbursed