Duty Station: Beijing, China
Application Deadline: 15 July 2018 (Midnight Beijing, China)
Type of Contract: SC5
Languages Required: English, Chinese
Expected Duration of Assignment: One year, renewable on an annual basis upon satisfactory performance & availability of funds
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the general supervision of the Director of China Office, and the direct supervision of the Deputy Director, the incumbent is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following assigned duties:
Part I Business Support for Office:
1. Protocol focal point: Implement and coordinate protocol procedures for all in-country visits of guests (i.e., Travel arrangement, Invitations, Visa application); Ensure proper protocol for high-level visitors; Maintain online system of MoFA; customs clearance.
2. Interpretation Services: Verbal translation services in meeting and event settings.
3. Process administrative actions in WFP’s corporate systems. Act as main vendor registration and maintenance focal point.
4. Information management: Organize staff meetings and technical panels, including preparation of meeting summaries; Maintain office files and shared calendar.
5. Receptionist: Operator; Reserve conference rooms as requested; Maintain Office facility and furniture; Update China Office Telephone Directory, etc.
6. Travel focal point for Support Units (IT, HR, Finance): Make travel arrangements for support staff, including travel itinerary, ticket and room booking, logistical requirements.
7. Any other duties as required.
Part II Assistant to Senior Management:
1. Be the first point of contact for the Country Director and Deputy Country Director.
2. Maintain the CD and DCD’s calendar scheduling appointments, meetings and make tentative appointments.
3. Travel focal point for Director and Deputy Director: Make travel arrangements, including travel itinerary, ticket and room booking, security clearance and logistical arrangements.
4. Review, proofread and edit all correspondence for proper clearance prior to CD and DCD’s signature; Revise and review correspondence and documentation, providing feedback and making amendments where appropriate, to contribute to production of these materials to time and quality standards.
5. Support individual reimbursement for CD and DCD.
• Education: Advanced University degree in English or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or
• Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work. At least two years of experience providing support to conferences or other events is desirable.Previous work experience in the UN/international organizations/NGOs will be considered an advantage.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of specialised common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
• Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
• Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
• Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Chinese. Excellent English writing skills required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your profile.
We strongly recommend that you ensure that the information is accurate and complete including employment record, academic qualifications and language skills.
• All female and male candidates are equally encouraged to apply for this position which is open for Chinese nationals only.
To apply please send us the Personal History Form (P11) no later than 15 July 2018:
• E-Mail: HR.firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject ” Business Support Assistant (Front Office)- Ms/Mr. (Candidate’s Name)”