Location: Beijing, China
Application Deadline: 11-December-2018 (Midnight Beijing, China)
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Post Level: SC-4
Languages Required: English, Chinese
Starting Date: 01-January -2019
Expected Duration of Assignment: One year, renewable on an annual basis upon satisfactory performance & availability of funds
Background Information – WFP
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger
worldwide. Since 1961, WFP has pursued a vision of the world in which every man, woman and child has access at all times to the food needed to lead an active and healthy life. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 75 countries each year. WFP was invited by the Chinese Government to begin joint humanitarian and development activities in 1979, when more than 1 in every 3 people in China were hungry.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Business Support Assistant (Travel) will be responsible for the following duties and
• Full compliance of WFP rules and regulations, policies and strategies on travel management.
• Follow-up with contracted travel agent to ensure provision of high quality professional service and most competitive price.
• Provision of information to the staff on travel including entitlements, travel route and
• Processing ticket booking, travel authorization and travel claims in line with travel
entitlements for staff, consultants, and visitors.
• Processing requests for visas and invitation letter for all UN travelers, as well as requests for Resident Permit and Diplomatic Identification Card for international staff.
• Arrangement for airport pick-up of high-level officials and support to expediting of
customs and immigration procedures, as necessary.
• Processing of application and renewal of UNLP for UN staff.
• Arrangements for security clearance when required.
• Hotel reservations for visiting WFP officials.
• Reconciliation of settlements to be paid by the Finance Unit.
• Collection and analysis of market situation on travel service area.
• Perform other duties as and when required.
• Education: College degree or above in Business Administration, travel or other relevant subject. Specialized training in travel desirable.
• Experience: Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience in Administration and
travel services. Previous work experience in the UN/international organizations will be
considered an advantage.
• Skills and competencies:
Ability to work Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail) required
for work; Ability to prepare preliminary reports and to draft correspondence; Ability to
work in multi-cultural environment; Ability to work under pressure, be able to meet
deadline, willing to take challenges; Good communication skills with different
stakeholders especially local partners.
• Performance indicators: Concise reports and correspondence drafted with high quality; Smooth communication and dialogue maintained with the national counterparts; Strong enthusiasm with highly appreciated flexibility and adaptation; Work assignment completed before the deadline.
• Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Chinese.
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your profile. We strongly recommend that you ensure that the information is accurate and complete
including employment record, academic qualifications and language skills.
• All female and male candidates are equally encouraged to apply for this position which is open for Chinese nationals only.
To apply please send us the Personal History Form (P11) no later than 11
E-Mail: HR.email@example.com with Subject ” Business Support Assistant (Travel)- Ms/Mr. (Candidate’s Name)”