This position will lead analysis, engagement, and strategy development within China with regard to China’s overseas energy financing. S/he will also be responsible for engaging relevant financial and government players to help achieve campaign goals.
While the primary area focus will be the financial sector including credit management, credit enhancement, corporate finance, project finance and passive investment strategy in China, there will be strong links to Greenpeace international campaigns and energy and financial markets outside of China.
PURPOSE and SCOPE OF THE JOB
The Campaigner is responsible for development and implementation of effective and integrated campaign work to achieve Greenpeace’s mission.
The post holder is line managed by the Program Manager or Project Manager and assists in planning, development and implementation of campaign strategies, plans, and procedures.
The post holder will usually work in a team composed of campaign, communications & multimedia, research, and analytics staff. The post holder may be assigned to work in projects which involve other Greenpeace offices.
• Develop and implement effective and integrated campaign plans, strategies and tactics related to the overall vision, goals and objectives.
• Direct and oversee the development of campaign projects or assist the project leader in project development.
• Coordinate the planning process in collaboration with other departments, Greenpeace offices and Greenpeace International to have project strategy, work plan and resource plan approved.
• Provide expertise with respect to specialized campaign areas. Stay abreast of current and emerging developments relating to the campaign issues.
• Actively represent Greenpeace in front of the business, scientific and government sectors, the environmental community at large and the media (traditional and new), to achieve campaign objectives and strengthen the profile and credibility of Greenpeace. Respond to public inquiries about campaign issues and other matters as need.
• Liaise and build relationships with business, government and non-governmental organizations on issues relevant to campaign objectives.
• Conduct research and investigation in relation to the objectives and plans of campaign projects.
• Evaluate project achievements and shortcomings at designated points of evaluation.
1. Commitment to Greenpeace’s mission and values
2. At least 7 years of progressive professional work experience related to finance and/or energy work in China.
3. In-depth understanding of China’s energy agenda both domestically and in relation to overseas energy investment, as well as bilateral/multilateral relationships.
4. Proven ability to provide vision and superb strategic thinking skills to identify strategic projects, drive transformative change, and bring outcomes to scale.
5. Excellent communication skills and command of written and spoken Chinese (Mandarin) and English. Strong public speaker in both languages.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills and passionate to work with people across all levels and with different cultures
7. Willingness and ability to travel within China and internationally.
8. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
The finance campaign specialist will ideally have one or more of the following experience and expertise:
1. Financial analysis associated with energy investment
2. Knowledge of renewable energy markets and renewable energy project development
3. Experience engaging with or working within Chinese financial institutions or state-owned enterprises, particularly those that carry out overseas energy investment
4. Familiarity with the economic dynamics of recipient countries of China’s overseas energy investment in Southeast Asia
How to apply:
Interested parties please apply with your both Chinese and English resume here, or send via Greenpeace career site: https://careers.gpeastasia.org/go/Beijing-Office-Job/4569510/. Application with motivation letter is preferred.
(All information collected for recruitment purpose only)
Greenpeace is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be on the basis of applicant’s merits and abilities.