China Development Brief (CDB) is looking for an editor to work in its English-language program. This is a unique opportunity for someone interested in working towards the development of China’s emerging civil society. It is a full-time position at CDB’s office in Beijing. A fluent level of written and spoken English is a prerequisite.
China Development Brief was founded in 1996 and registered in 2003 as the Beijing Civil Society Development Research Center. As a Chinese non-profit organization, we serve as a bilingual hub providing independent coverage on Chinese civil society and research, consulting and networking services to NGOs, foundations, development practitioners, businesses, researchers, and policy makers.
Our mission is to empower China`s civil society through expert observation and analysis, and by facilitating the free flow of resources and views between NGOs. The editor will play an important role in managing CDB’s existing projects and providing support for developing new projects. They will report to the project manager of CDB’s English Program.
Location: Beijing, China.
Starting Date: April 2020. Exact date to be confirmed
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writing original, high-quality articles and reports on China’s civil society sector.
- Helping to maintain CDB’s English-language website (www.chinadevelopmentbrief.cn), social media channels and e-newsletter.
- Translating and editing other Chinese-language and English-language material when needed.
- Working with CDB’s staff to implement and/or manage other research projects and program activities.
- Managing projects and grants including proposal development, project implementation, reports etc… as required by our funders.
- Postgraduate degree preferred.
- Strong fluency in English required.
- Excellent writing skills
- A team player who is collegial, culturally sensitive, and patient.
- Knowledge of and commitment to China’s NGO sector.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Previous volunteer and management experience in an NGO a plus.
The salary will depend on educational level and experience.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV in English and Chinese and a cover letter stating your interest in the position and your expected salary to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: March 15, 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.