Job Number: 526027 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: China
Work Type : Fixed Term Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, advocate
UNICEF is the leading United Nations organization for children. The UNICEF China communications team is responsible for driving change for children through communication for advocacy, by winning support for the cause of children from decision makers and the wider public.
How can you make a difference?
We are looking for a dynamic professional with a background in Communication, Journalism or Public Relations with excellent communication and partnership building skills. Under the guidance of the Chief of Communication and Advocacy, the Communication Officer is accountable for planning, developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating a multi-media strategy, including in support for our work in South-South Cooperation.
In detail, your responsibilities will include:
• Develop and implement a multi-media strategy to support the advocacy and communication work of the Communication Section.
• Ensure production of high-quality, engaging multi-media products and materials. In close collaboration with internal colleagues and relevant country offices, gather content and coverage of relevant efforts in China and our work in South-South collaboration.
• Lead the production of multi-media materials that meet country and global standards as set out in the Brand and Communication Toolkits.
• Develop and manage a roster of external partners to support the communications team in the development of high-quality multi-media assets.
• Monitor and evaluate activities according to the work plan to ensure maximum impact and continuous improvement of country office multi-media efforts. Ensure results and reports are prepared and shared on a timely basis. Monitor and evaluate the appropriate and timely dissemination of advocacy and communication materials to target audiences, and participate in the evaluation of their impact.
• Provide professional expertise and advice on all aspects of multi-media communication as required to senior management, programme colleagues and others; opportunities are identified and addressed for building multi-media capacity among country communication team, media and other relevant partners.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• An advanced university degree Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or other related area. An undergraduate degree with additional work experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
• At least three to five years of responsible professional work experience in digital communication, broadcast, new media or other related area, in house or in agency, preferably in an international organization, is required.
• Able in formulating strategies and concepts and experienced in planning and organising for projects.
• Ability to persuade and influence, be confident in building relationship and networking with various stakeholders.
• Fluency in English and Chinese.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. In our effort to achieve a gender balance in our current workforce, we particularly encourage applications from qualified male candidates.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Opening Date Mon Sep 02 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间) China Standard Time
Closing Date Mon Sep 16 2019 10:45:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间)