Job Number: 520942 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: China
Work Type : Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, care
The individual contractor is needed to carry out office daily administrative tasks. The duration of the assignment is 11.5 month from mid-April 2019.
How can you make a difference?
Being responsible for interacting with team members to provide daily administrative support. The major Tasks, Deliverables & Timeframe include the following:
- Manage team’s travel document preparation and follow up;
- Prepare contracts and payments, including follow-up and record-keeping;
- Support in the daily operation of the office including for visas and hotel bookings for visitors, booking of meeting rooms, filing, scanning, copying and sending office mails/couriers;
- Manage the section’s public file storage;
- Manage the section’s stockroom;
- Any other administrative support.
A monthly workplan shall be agreed with the supervisor.
Complete submission of deliverables as per expected standard and quality as assessed by the supervisor is a prerequisite for payment of any fee. UNICEF reserves the right to adjust or withhold payments for late deliverables or for deliverables not meeting expected quality.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A bachelor’s degree from a college or university, or other comparable education.
- Native Mandarin Chinese skills, reading and writing. Good command of spoken English and working knowledge of written English.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Attention to detail and good initiative
- Ability to work in teams and independently.
- Exceptional customer service attitude.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
Interested candidates are asked to submit an application including CV, cover letter and a financial proposal including the preferred daily / monthly fee.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Opening Date Mon Apr 01 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间) China Standard Time
Closing Date Sun Apr 14 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间)