Consultancy – Project Manager for Advocacy Campaigns, Beijing, China
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child, a champion
The communication team in UNICEF China is working to shape UNICEF’s external image among stakeholders in China and beyond. It plays a key role in communicating UNICEF’s brand and stance on policy issues, in developing advocacy, brand and communication strategies, as well as normative communication guidance. The team is now seeking a project manager to coordinate and oversee the implementation of 3 advocacy campaigns, ensuring that there is adequate planning, cohesion across UNICEF China country office, and on time implementation of tasks that are outlined in the advocacy strategies.
How can you make a difference?
We are seeking a communications and project management professional to coordinate and oversee the implementation of three advocacy campaigns in the area of health, nutrition and water and sanitation, ensuring adequate planning and on time implementation of tasks. The specific deliverables will include:
• Coordinate and support the planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation of the ‘Every Child Alive’, ‘Early Moments Matter’ and ‘Toilet Revolution’ campaigns in China
• Provide logistical support for events both in China and at global level (e.g. New York & Geneva), including coordination with other UNICEF offices, liaison with contractors, and in-person support and coordination on-site
• Build on current partnerships and establish new ones to expand the reach and visibility of campaign activities
• Produce regular reports of campaign progress, identifying achievements, obstacles, and changes to plans
The duration of the assignment is estimated at 230 days over 11.5 months from April 2019 to March 2020. The work is to be carried out from UNICEF’s office in Beijing, with travels to sites and events as needed.
To qualify you will have…
• A master’s degree in communications, project management, international development, or other relevant field
• Proven experience in providing project management and logistical support for major advocacy initiatives, campaigns or events
• Demonstrated strong writing and interpersonal communication skills. Experience of working effectively with diverse groups of stakeholders.
• Experience of working with UNICEF or another United Nations agency or international non-governmental organization is an asset
• Willingness to travel internationally as required
• Written and spoken fluency in English and Chinese
• Demonstrated understanding of maternal, newborn and child health and development issues, both in the Chinese and global contexts, an asset.
• Strong drive for results, taking pride in delivering as per expectation in terms of quality and timeliness
• Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values
How to apply?
Interested applicants are requested to submit: 1) Cover letter/application, 2) Lump sum financial quote including a daily consultancy rate and any other related costs, 3) CV and 4) References. Apply online through https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=520331
. The deadline for receipt of applications is 19 March 2019.