Consultancy – Support for implementation of child friendly, equitable and quality basic education, Beijing, China
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, education.
Child friendly, equitable and quality basic education with a focus on primary and junior secondary school-aged vulnerable children is a key component of UNICEF China’s education programme. In line with China’s development priorities, the component child friendly, equitable and quality basic education aims to ensure that 6-14 year-old rural and vulnerable children and adolescents have full access and can complete quality learning and nine-year compulsory education.
How can you make a difference?
We are looking for a junior consultant to join in the team to facilitate the implementation of child friendly, equitable and quality basic education in China. The assignment will contribute to the development and testing of models for operationalizing national child friendly schools and systems, to the development of models of social and emotional learning, and to the demonstration of innovative teaching and learning models. In particular, the assignment will entail:
• Support the impact study on Child-Friendly Schools, including facilitating data collection, coordinating of technical meetings, tracking progress and drafting reports and presentations
• Support implementing of three projects in Social Emotional Learning in Schools, Innovative Teaching and Learning, and Sports for Development including coordination and follow-up with partners on project activities such as resource development, planning/review meeting, capacity building workshop and on-site guidance
• Support monitoring of the three projects including reviewing implementation and financial documents and tracking the implementation and financial status
• Support documentation and knowledge management of the basic education programme, including providing inputs to section monthly reports, proposals and reports and writing advocacy pieces such as blog and human-interest stories
The consultant with work closely with colleagues in the Education team for support and supervision. The consultant is expected to work for 10 months from 1 April 2019 to 31 January 2020.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• Master’s level university degree in Education or related social studies; Master in Education would be an advantage.
• Demonstrated expertise in conducting research and research skills
• Minimum two years of professional experience in education programme implementation, administration, or monitoring and evaluation
• Expertise in teaching and learning and training experience an advantage
• Knowledge and background in child friendly schools and basic education is an advantage
• Knowledge, understanding and interest in education and development issues, and policies in China and internationally
• Strong organizational skills and time management to promote smooth project management and drive for results
• Strong communication, team spirit and interpersonal skills
• Fluency in English and Mandarin, both written and spoken
How to apply?
Interested applicants are requested to submit: 1) Cover letter/application, 2) CV, 3) A financial quotation for the consultancy indicating a daily rate and 4) at least one writing sample on a relevant topic. Apply online through https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=520220
. The deadline for receipt of applications is 20 March 2019