UNICEF CHINA COUNTRY OFFICE
Functional Title : Consultant: New Business Development
Contract/Grade : Junior
Duty Station : Beijing, China
Vacancy Open: 15 January, 2019
Vacancy Closes: 29 January, 2019
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every Child, foster partnerships
UNICEF China works with corporate partners to support UNICEF’s programmes for children. UNICEF aims to strengthen its capacity to build strategic partnerships with the corporate sector, and especially to build global, multi-country, and shared value partnerships with Chinese companies. To this end, the Corporate and Philanthropy Partnerships team is looking for an experienced consultant to support new business development activities, hence to build new corporate partnerships for UNICEF.
How can you make a difference?
Working under the direct supervision of the Partnership Manager for Corporate and Philanthropy, the consultant will help to boost the efficiency and delivery capacity of UNICEF Corporate and Philanthropy team, through the establishment of new successful partnerships with the corporate sector.
• Build new contacts with corporate partners based on UNICEF corporate pipeline, and in line with new business development KPIs and complete 3-5 meetings with new companies per month
• Support the development of partnership proposals and adapting it to donors interests and needs and complete up to 1-2 partnerships proposals per month
• Manage relations with corporate partners, and advance discussions along the pipeline and complete 2-3 advanced negotiations including financial offer
• Support overall implementation of Corporate Fund-raising strategy, including awareness raising events and marketing campaigns completing 1-2 events/campaigns
• Complete any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor
This is a full-time assignment for 6 months and requires physical presence at UNICEF’s office in Beijing.
To qualify as an Corporate Fundraising Specialist and advocate for every child, you will have…
– At least 3 years of relevant prior work experience in marketing, sales, public relations, CSR or other relevant fields
– Fluency in English and Chinese
– Demonstrated experience in resource mobilization and partnership building
– Well organized and structured
– Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values
For every Child, you demonstrate…
• Respect for and adherence to UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and proven understanding and sensitivity to cultural nuances
• Interpersonal skills, capacity to work with different personalities to deliver on shared results
• Strong drive for results, taking pride in delivering as per expectation in terms of quality and timeliness
• Capacity to think outside of the box and drive innovation
• Strong communication skills, fluently and confidently gathering and expressing and writing opinions and information
• Ability to analyze various sources of information and make rational judgements
• Ability to build effective relationships and maintain a strong network of individuals outside of UNICEF, building strategic partnerships with a range of key stakeholders
• Ability to work strategically to realize UNICEF’s goals
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. In our effort to achieve a gender balance in our current workforce, we particularly encourage applications from qualified male candidates
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.