UNICEF CHINA COUNTRY OFFICE
Consultancy: Corporate Fundraising Specialist, Belt & Road Initiative
Duty Station : Beijing, China
Vacancy Open: 10 January, 2019
Vacancy Closes: 24 January, 2019
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every Child, foster partnerships
UNICEF China is seeking an experienced fundraiser to mobilize resources for programmes connected to the Belt and Road Initiative, including those developed in the context of broader investments of multilateral development banks and other China-related financing institutions. UNICEF interventions will be aimed at expanding the social and child/gender impact of active and pipeline infrastructure projects of these institutions. in Belt and Road Initiative countries, including but not limited to the water sector. Project proposals have already been developed for water projects in Pakistan and Bangladesh, with concept notes available for several others. As UNICEF plans to expand its engagement with China along the Belt and Road, the Corporate and Philanthropy Partnerships team is looking for an experienced fundraiser to help mobilize resources from companies and foundations – hence generating blended finance solutions- to support the implementation of such projects.
How can you make a difference?
The consultant will secure private sector and foundation partnerships that expand the social impact of infrastructure projects in Belt and Road Countries, and manage the implementation of the Strategic Framework on Corporate Social Responsibility and Advocacy in China and promote the implementation of Child Rights and Business Principles and tools with business, government, industry bodies, business industry associations and national think tanks.
• Conduct desk review of the proposals and concept notes submitted by countries and potential private sector partners and match them assessing for synergies, opportunities and challenges and develop a list of companies and foundations to be targeted
• Identify and build contacts with corporate partners and foundations potentially interested in funding the proposed projects and conduct up to 3-5 meetings with new companies per month
• Support the development of partnership proposals and adapting it to donors interests and needs and complete up to 1-2 partnerships proposals per month
• Manage relations and negotiations with potential donors on specific proposals completing 2-3 advanced negotiations including financial offer
• Identify and support fundraising opportunities for UNICEF programmes related to the Belt and Road initiative
This is a full-time assignment for 6 months and requires physical presence at UNICEF’s office in Beijing.
To qualify as an Corporate Fundraising Specialist and advocate for every child, you will have…
• At least 7 years of relevant prior work experience in fundraising, public relations, South-South Cooperation or other relevant fields.
• Fluency in English, Mandarin Chinese an asset.
• Demonstrated experience in resource mobilization and partnership building, especially in the context of big projects funded by investment banks.
• Well organized and structured
• Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values
For every Child, you demonstrate…
• Respect for and adherence to UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and proven understanding and sensitivity to cultural nuances
• Interpersonal skills, capacity to work with different personalities to deliver on shared results
• Drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
• Capacity to think outside of the box and drive innovation
• Strong communication skills, fluently and confidently gathering and expressing and writing opinions and information
• Ability to analyze various sources of information and make rational judgements
• Ability to build effective relationships and maintain a strong network of individuals outside of UNICEF, building strategic partnerships with a range of key stakeholders
• Ability to work strategically to realize UNICEF’s goals
How to apply?
Interested applicants are requested to submit: 1) Cover letter/application, 2) CV, 3) A financial quotation for the consultancy, with an itemized list of daily rate and any travel to/from Beijing and subsistence allowance or other costs you wish to claim. Apply online through https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=519092
, or send your application to email@example.com
The deadline for receipt of applications is 24 January 2019
. The full terms of reference for the post is attached
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.