Ignite That Spark
Customer Success Manager
That Spark is a new social enterprise. We joyfully create and share content and learning experiences to inspire, connect, and engage China’s community of changemakers.
We believe everyone deserves the opportunity to develop into the person and professional they want to be, including and especially those that work in service of others. Our platform offers a unique mix of on-demand content and small-group learning experiences to fuel your personal journey to impact.
We are looking for YOU to join us to ignite that spark, together
Because of your passion to support China’s growing number of changemakers, you are driven to understand how people learn, how they set goals, and how you can help them reach their important milestones along their journey to impact. You are intensely curious about thoughts and behaviors and want to dig deep into what works and why. You solve problems in order to meet strict production deadlines but still manage to bring creativity, fresh perspectives, and a winning attitude to whatever you are working on. You have demonstrated that you are results-oriented and able to work well in a fast-moving team.
We develop products that delight our users and help them to access a range of resources and learning opportunities. Our offerings are designed to help users take that next step in their personal and professional development, whether that be reading a toolkit that helps give them a framework of understanding or listening to an inspiring story of change.
The customer success manager is a critical part of the success, as you are the person trusted to interface with users and act as the point person to help them use the platform effectively and get the most out of it. In this position, you become the advocate of the users within the company. You will use your position to deeply understand user preferences and patterns, then help to guide product and marketing efforts. Your insights, combined with our data collection and analysis, will allow That Spark to develop the best approaches to get users engaged.
– Build trust and maintain strong relationships by learning about user’s individual needs and learning goals, and figuring out how that customer can best use That Spark Guide users to helpful resources, both on the platform and, where appropriate, off the platform (in the philanthropy and social sector more widely)
– Lead data collection and analysis on value to users
– Help develop pathways to engage new users, or to better serve existing users
– See patterns in use and recommend product or process improvements
– Work with the product team to translate customer usage and feedback into actionable insights and product features
– Work with marketing team to communicate our value to potential users
The right candidate will have these awesome qualities:
– Enthusiasm and passion to support China’s changemakers on their journeys to impact
– Fresh, interesting perspectives on learning and development in general and in the philanthropy and social sector specifically
– Superb problem-solving skills and mindset
– Previous experience in customer value and success
– Track record of networking and community building
– Experience in market research, data collection, and analysis
– Experience in personal, professional, and leadership development training or facilitation a
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in both Chinese and English
– Strong interest in working in a small, fast-growing startup
The ideal candidate is a mid-career professional, but if you don’t already have the qualities listed above, then give us examples of how you’ve learned other skills quickly and show us that you can learn these with the right support
What you can expect to have from That Spark:
– An opportunity to create something that matters and make your meaningful contribution
– A job to practice, learn and grow your expertise of customer success management
– A mission-driven and result-oriented team, who will appreciate and support each other
– Competitive compensation and benefits
If you’d like to join us, we would love to hear from you. Please follow this link to apply: