Job Number: 525697 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: China
Work Type : Fixed Term Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child, an advocate
UNICEF is the leading United Nations organization for children. As a key voice for children’s issues in China and beyond, the digital space has become an essential platform for UNICEF to sustain and build long-term audiences and to grow our brand and to advocate and leverage results for children.
See this video for some highlights of UNICEF’s work in China today.
How can you make a difference?
We’re looking to strengthen our work on digital youth engagement. The tasks of the new recruit will include strategy development, digital journey design, and online communication set-up and maintenance. In addition, he/she will assist in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating all youth-targeted digital communication activities to support or drive integrated campaigns, all with the intention to enhance brand awareness and image.
This will entail:
• Responsibility of the digital youth engagement strategy, including the set up and maintenance of online platforms to maximize youth recognition and engagement with UNICEF. Act as office focal point to regional and global teams to develop complementary, country specific and localized approaches to youth engagement.
• In the context of integrated communication campaigns, play the youth digital engagement role to support the development of multi-channel strategies in close coordination with brand, PR, social media, website, content, and programmes.
• Monitor and evaluate activities according to work plan to ensure maximum impact and continuous improvement. Ensure results and reports are prepared and shared on a timely basis.
• Design user digital journey with focus on youth, from first reach to engagement to conversion to friends of UNICEF.
• Identify appropriate platforms to harness youth online communities for UNICEF, either in the form of website portals, APPs, or WeChat groups
• Provide advice on youth digital engagement as required to senior management, programme colleagues and others; opportunities are identified and addressed for building communication capacity among country communication team, media and other relevant partners.
• Explore internal and external opportunities for youth engagement partnerships or digital campaign cooperation targeting youth for better exposure and impact.
To qualify as an advocate for every child, you will have…
• A university degree, preferably an advanced degree, in Communication, Marketing, Public Relations or other related area.
• At least one to two years of responsible professional work experience in digital communication, broadcast, new media or other related area, in house or in agency, preferably in an international organization
• Good understanding of youth groups, including their habits, aspirations, concerns and trends
• Familiarity with the modern digital landscape, technologies, tools, and software
• Ability to formulate strategies and concepts, and experience in planning and organising projects.
• Persuasion and influence, confidence in building relationships and networks
• Fluency in English and Chinese
Do you have?
• Creativity and innovativeness and a commitment to contribute to effective digital communication for children
• Respect for and adherence to UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, and Integrity
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills and capacity to work in a multicultural environment
• Strong drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
• Interest in learning and researching, gathering comprehensive information to support decision making
In our effort to obtain a gender-balanced workforce, we’re particularly looking at qualified male candidates to join the team.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Opening Date Fri Sep 06 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间) China Standard Time
Closing Date Sun Sep 15 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间)