UNICEF CHINA COUNTRY OFFICE
Functional Title : Digital Content Marketing Officer, (Temporary Appointment 1 year)
Contract/Grade : NO-A
Duty Station : Beijing, China
Vacancy Open: 17 January, 2019
Vacancy Closes: 31 January, 2019
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, foster partnerships
To mobilize more resources for children in need, UNICEF aims to attract new friends and supporters through multiple digital channels and e-commerce platforms. It would require building trust and rapport with different cohorts of audiences and providing them with relevant, engaging and valuable information.
To achieve this goal, UNICEF China is looking for a seasoned content marketing professional with a strong track record in contactable lead generation and acquisition. The incumbent will report directly to a senior marketing officer and work in close collaboration with a high-performing digital team.
How can you make a difference?
We are seeking a digital content marketing professional with seasoned expertise in creating value-exchange content to attract new friends and nurture them into supporters.
• Leverage existing programme advocacy materials to develop enticing digital content products matching the motivations and interests of target audiences to increase lead sign-up
• Promote digital acquisition and conversion by adapting original content such as human interest stories, pictures, videos to tell UNICEF China’s stories in a more engaging fashion to acquire potential supporters
• Assist with the Inspired Gifts and e-commerce marketing by drafting product descriptions, ad copies and eDMs for the sales of both virtual and physical gifts
• Provide support to the telemarketing campaigns by creating eDMs, talking scripts and FAQs
• Manage assigned content projects in close collaboration with key internal partners and external stakeholders and provide support to supervisor in managing multiple creative agencies and marketing service providers
To qualify as an Digital Content Marketing Officer and advocate for every child, you will have:
• Advanced university degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Chinese Language and Literature or other relevant discipline. In exceptional cases, a bachelor’s degree in combination with additional relevant professional work experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree.
• At least five years of solid full-time work experience in Chinese-language content marketing, marketing communications, advertorial, copywriting, or other relevant fields.
• Strong portfolio in Chinese-language creative storytelling on digital channels, especially mobile, and proven experience of leading a digital content project from end-to-end.
• Highly organized and able to manage cross-sectoral projects as well as creative agencies.
• Fluency in Chinese and English.
This is a one-year Temporary Appointment (with a possibility of extension subject to job performance and availability of funding).
For every Child, you demonstrate:
• Respect for and adherence to UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and proven understanding and sensitivity to cultural nuances
• Interpersonal skills, capacity to work with different personalities to deliver on shared results
• Drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
• Capacity to think outside of the box and drive innovation
• Strong communication skills, fluently and confidently gathering and expressing and writing opinions and information
• Excellent skills in planning and organizing, setting clear objectives, timelines and adjusting to changing circumstances in meeting project goals
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. In our effort to achieve a gender balance in our current workforce, we particularly encourage applications from qualified male candidates
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.