Job Number: 521489 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: China
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a future
UNICEF and China have a long history of collaboration. In 1947, China became the first country in Asia to welcome a partnership with UNICEF, our first programme provided emergency relief services to children. China has the second-largest child population: 14% of the world’s children. We have made significant progress recently, advancing education and health rights, promoting gender equality and reducing poverty. For example, China has reduced its under-five mortality rate by 80% since 1990. For more information, visit http://www.unicef.cn.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF China works with private sector to mobilize resources for children. We are now looking for a diligent and motivated new staff member to join our digital team. Under the supervision of the Digital Officer, the digital assistant is responsible for development and execution of digital marketing initiatives of digital channels to achieve the targets, will create, measure, and optimize digital campaigns.
- Orchestrate the execution of omnichannel digital campaigns across all platforms, including but not limited to websites, social media platforms, mobile, etc.
- Work/manage agencies and tech partners on the execution of multi-areas campaigns with common objectives.
- Assist in production of digital content in multiple formats including banner, landing page, video, etc.
- Stays up to date on current and emerging digital trends, best practices, and technologies.
- Perform analysis of digital marketing related performance to measure the campaign KPIs and other key metrics.
- Interpret and report results obtained from digital campaigns, and work with digital partners to define actionable items.
- Assist in preparing supporting documents for digital campaign’s contract process.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or other related field
- 4+ years’ recent relevant job experiences in Digital Marketing, with strategy development and execution of media-buy, content marketing, social media communications and management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Fluent Mandarin Chinese skills, reading and writing. Good command of spoken English and working knowledge of written English.
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines, professionally managing competing priorities.
- Strong MS Office skills including PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Word, and experience with web-based platforms for project management
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. In our effort to achieve a gender balance in our current workforce, we particularly encourage applications from qualified male candidates.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Opening Date Wed Apr 17 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间) China Standard Time
Closing Date Wed May 01 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间)