Donor Relations Officer (NOA)
Duty Station: Beijing, China
Application Deadline: 14 January 2019 (Midnight Beijing, China)
Type of Contract: Fixed-Term Contract
Languages Required: English, Chinese
Expected Duration of Assignment: One year, renewable on an annual basis upon
satisfactory performance & availability of funds
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following assigned duties:
1. Implement the work plan for assigned area by delivering activities that maintain and
develop partnerships in order to maximise resources raised for the programme.
2. Contribute to the management of a portfolio of partnerships, soliciting contributions,
providing donor stewardship, and analysing results, in order to maximise resources raised.
3. Provide support to technical units, RBs and/or COs as required, in order to assist them to effectively mobilise donor resources.
4. Prepare briefs on resourcing issues for Country/Regional/Division Directors, and operate as a resourcing focal point in order to ensure that concerns are adequately considered.
5. Participate and assist in negotiations for contributions and partnership agreements, in line with internal policies and external regulations, in order to reach advantageous outcomes, such as more flexibility and predictability.
6. Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on donors and programmes, to enable informed decision-making and action planning by senior stakeholders.
7. Proactively contribute to ideas and highlight fundraising opportunities to senior managers for new strategies to maintain and increase funding from new and traditional donors.
8. Prepare and provide regular information to educate new and potential donors on the
strategy, design, relevance and impact of WFP programmes, and to advocate the work of WFP.
9. Represent WFP at international meetings at appropriate levels, in such a way that
advances the government partnerships strategy and objectives, and builds support for
10. Prepare and provide inputs for briefing documents for senior level management meetings with donors.
11. Coordinate work with other partnership officers to ensure the flow of information and other WFP units to align activities and ensure donor visibility and that donor conditions are met.
12. Provide on-going stewardship for online fundraising platforms and assessing results in order to maximise resources raised for WFP, in line with internal policies and external
13. Collaborate with Communication team to write and edit content for digital fundraising communications.
14. Provide insights and recommendations on how best to leverage digital communications to maximize revenue and improve the long-term donor experience, including researching and testing new platforms, tools, and tactics. Produce reporting, financial forecasting, and relevant metrics for online programmes through different platforms
15. Perform other related duties as required.
• Education: Advanced University degree in Marketing Communications, International
Development, Development Economics, or other relevant field, or First University
degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
• Experience: Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in the field of
Skills and competencies:
High degree of competency with online platforms. Ability to work with Microsoft Office
programmes (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail) required for work; Ability to prepare
engaging and visually stimulating inputs for online platforms, reports and other
correspondence; Ability to work in multi-cultural environment; Ability to work under
pressure, be able to meet deadlines, willing to take challenges; Good communication skills with different stakeholders especially local partners.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Chinese.
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your profile.
We strongly recommend that you ensure that the information is accurate and complete
including employment record, academic qualifications and language skills.
• All female and male candidates are equally encouraged to apply for this position
which is open for Chinese nationals only.
To apply please send us the Personal History Form (P11) no later than 14 January 2019:
• E-Mail: HR.firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject “Donor Relations Officer (NOA) –
Ms/Mr. (Candidate’s Name)”