EU-China Partnership Facility (ECPF)
Title of Assignment: ECPF – Finance and administration assistant
Place of Posting: Beijing
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Contract: Three-year contract
The consortium GOPA Consultants mbH and B&S Europe was awarded with the EU-China Partnership Facility (ECPF). The period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months, starting as of 12.12.2018.
The overall objective of the EU-China Partnership Facility (ECPF) is to advance EU-China relations in key priority areas.
The purposes of the ECPF are as follows:
· Help develop EU-China bilateral dialogues in specific priority areas of EU and mutual interest.
· Support implementation of the EU Strategy on China and Bilateral Agreements.
Under the direction of the Key Expert 1 (Team Leader) and Key Expert 2 (Junior Expert), the ECPF – Finance and administration assistant provides administrative and financial support to the ECPF Team in Beijing.
Duties or Responsibilities
· Ensure that all invoices are properly paid, the originals collected and well introduced in the formats required by the finance department in GOPA;
· Recording of all payments in an individual accounting tool (Winpaccs);
· Manage project bank account;
· Manage the petty cash according to the agreed budgets and procedures;
· Overseeing all contracts with local providers (e.g. for transport, translation, etc.);
· Incidental expenditure according to EU procedures. Monitor expenditure on a monthly basis (actual and budget) according to PRAG rules.
· Prepare the monthly accounts for the project and report to GOPA HQ on a monthly basis;
· Keep all records/ files for audit purposes
· Ensure the collection of all original documents;
· Final check of the timesheets; Prepare a record of utilization of expert days on a monthly basis;
· Other duties as required
· Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accountant or any related areas
· Very good knowledge of English and Chinese;
· Good interpersonal communication skills;
· Comfortable with working in a multicultural team;
· Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook);
· Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff;
· Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and professionalism.
· organization and planning skills
· work management and prioritizing skills
· verbal and written communication skills
· attention to detail
GOPA Consultants is the leading German development consulting firm and one of the strongest consulting groups in Europe. The company implements planning, management and training projects for national and international financing agencies as well as private industry. Its reputation for excellence and efficiency is built on fifty years of planning and implementing technical assistance projects in developing and transition economies. Since its founding in 1965, GOPA has successfully implemented over 3,500 management and training projects.
Submission of Applications
If you are interested, Please send updated CV and a short motivation letter (maximum 3 paragraphs) following email. email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th December 2018.
Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.