EU-China Partnership Facility (ECPF)
Title of Assignment: Event Management Support
Place of Posting: Beijing
Starting Date : As soon as possible
Contract : Three-Year Contract
The consortium GOPA Consultants mbH and B&S Europe was awarded with the EU-China Partnership Facility (ECPF). The period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months, starting as of 12.12.2018.
The overall objective of the EU-China Partnership Facility (ECPF) is to advance EU-China relations in key priority areas.
The purposes of the ECPF are as follows:
· Help develop EU-China bilateral dialogues in specific priority areas of EU and mutual interest.
· Support implementation of the EU Strategy on China and Bilateral Agreements.
Under the direction of the Key Expert 1 (Team Leader) and Key Expert 2 (Junior Expert), the Event Management Support provides operational, administrative and logistical support to the ECPF Team in Beijing.
Duties or Responsibilities
· Provides administrative and logistics support to project activities including events, workshops, forums, etc; as planned and arranged by KEs/NKEs
· Prepares, reviews and files administrative documents related to events and field missions, such as contracts with hotels, travel agents, service providers, boarding passes, visa receipts, declarations, copy of passports;
· Assist event participants or liaise with travel agent with travel arrangements: booking, purchasing, delivery of travel tickets, in the form of (prepaid) e-tickets;
If needed, reimbursement of visa costs or flight tickets of event participants;
· Works with other team member to coordinate work activities, meet deadlines, and provide support where needed;
· Assist the team in requesting the issuance of visas by contacting the departmental concern and prepares supporting travel documents;
Support the Team by bringing quotations of alternative event suppliers;
Support the Team by giving technical advice on technical equipment requirements for events (audio system, video system, internet system, etc);
Write event reports;
Performs other duties, as required.
· Bachelor degree in Communications, Public Relations, International Relations, Tourism or related areas
· Knowledge or experience of general clerical work and simple record-keeping procedures advantage;
· Very good knowledge of English and Chinese;
· Good interpersonal communication skills;
· Comfortable with working in a multicultural team;
· Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook);
· Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff;
· Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and professionalism.
· organization and planning skills
· work management and prioritizing skills
· verbal and written communication skills
· attention to detail
GOPA Consultants is the leading German development consulting firm and one of the strongest consulting groups in Europe. The company implements planning, management and training projects for national and international financing agencies as well as private industry. Its reputation for excellence and efficiency is built on fifty years of planning and implementing technical assistance projects in developing and transition economies. Since its founding in 1965, GOPA has successfully implemented over 3,500 management and training projects.
Submission of Applications
If you are interested, please send updated CV and a short motivation letter (maximum 3 paragraphs) following email. email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th December 2018.
Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.