Energy Foundation China
EFC OVERALL INTRODUCTION
Energy Foundation Beijing Representative Office (hereinafter referred to as “Energy Foundation China”), established in Beijing in 1999, is a grantmaking charity organization dedicated to China’s sustainable energy development. As part of the U.S.-based Energy Foundation, it is registered under the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau and supervised by the National Development and Reform Commission of China.
Our vision is to achieve prosperity and a safe climate through sustainable energy in China. Our mission is to achieve decarbonization, world-class air quality, and green growth through dramatically expanding renewable energy, significantly improving energy efficiency and optimizing economic structure.
Energy Foundation China, previously known as the China Sustainable Energy Program, was initiated with funding from the David and Lucile Packard Foundation and the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation. Over the years, Energy Foundation China has achieved steady growth, with our pool of funders growing. Our cumulative grantmaking in China reached more than USD300 million through 2018.
We support policy research, the development of new standards, capacity building, and dissemination of best practices across seven programs: clean power, environmental management, industry, low carbon economic growth, low carbon cities, transportation, and strategic communications, with a view to assisting China in coping with energy challenges.
By the end of 2018, Energy Foundation China had funded 2,739 projects operated by 750 grantees in China. The grantees include leading policy research institutes, academies, industry associations, local energy efficiency institutions, and NGOs in China and abroad, such as the Development Research Center of the State Council, the Energy Research Institute of the National Development and Reform Commission, Chinese Academy of Fiscal Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Tsinghua University, etc.
Energy Foundation China
Job Title: Finance Administrator
Location: Beijing, China
Reports To: Finance Director
Working closely with the Senior Finance Administrator, the Finance Administrator will be responsible for processing and maintaining finance and grant records both on-line and off-line.
1. Grant File Management
• Collect and file signed grant agreement (GA) by program;
• Collect and file other grant-related documents by program if any;
• Collect receipts of paid grant from grantees through program staff.
2. Payment support
• Reconcile weekly wire list from the EF Head Office with the grant management system (FLUXX);
• Verify bank information on FLUXX before making payment;
• Review vouchers for G&A, FIP and grant payment, making sure they are in line with the internal and external financial policies and procedures;
• Record transactions on the EF accounting system (NetSuite) as needed including bill record for GA, grant payment record, deposit record, etc.;
• Record grant/FIP payment on FLUXX;
• Maintain financial documents as needed;
• Record the bank statement on a timely basis.
3. USD account support
• Prepare deposit list by grants reflecting the difference between RMB exchanged from USD and RMB actually due;
• Prepare GA in Chinese based on the original in English, send to bank for verification;
• Prepare forms to bank for exchanging grants into RMB;
• Collect exchange receipts from bank.
4. Performing other duties as required
• Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by Finance Director;
• Back up other colleagues as needed.
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree and above, preferably in a related field: accounting, finance management, etc.
• About 1-2 years of related working experience, i.e., in finance or accounting.
• English level: ability to communicate fluently in both spoken and written English.
• Time management skills: able to prioritize tasks and handle work in a timely manner.
• Communications: ability to communicate with others clearly, listen actively and write with clear logics.
• Service orientation: demonstrate a positive “can-do” attitude, understand others’ needs with empathy, and show consideration, able to work well under pressure.
• Problem solving skills: ability to use logics to solve simple problems independently, and demonstrate potential to solve complicated problems.
• Ethical Behavior/Integrity – Demonstrates principled performance and sound ethics, showing consistency among principles, values and behaviors to build trust and credibility internally and externally.
• Mission-driven/Initiative – Inspired by the organization’s vision and mission, and take actions with ownership, can-do attitude and proactive mindset.
• Team Spirits – Collaboratively works toward solutions which benefit all involved parties; willingly cooperate with others to accomplish team/organization objectives.
The Energy Foundation China provides a comprehensive benefits package, including competitive salary and generous vacation.
Please email a cover letter and resume, subject line “Application for Finance Administrator”, to firstname.lastname@example.org.