FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
Provides daily oversight of the activities of the financial analyst staff, including review and approvals for daily transactions. Provides relevant fiscal information to executive or senior management team. Assists with development and management of internal financial audits. May develop formal reporting system to communicate results of audit activities to management and regulatory compliance agencies. Provides leadership and technical guidance for compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP). Knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) may also be required. Experience in comprehensive management of business support and compliance functions in organizations funded via government, contracts and grants, foundation, and commercial sources.
- Review of all financial transactions for assigned portfolio to ensure transactions are recorded timely into the accounting system and reviewed for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews and approves monthly close financial reports for submission to Corporate Accounting.
- Provides recommendations and consults with management on financial projects and compliances.
- Perform review of project expenses and review all documentation related to VAT-exemption requests. Update and maintain internal control system for all VAT related transactions and exemption requests.
- Provide administrative, financial, accounting and other technical assistance as required to FHI staff.
- In collaboration with senior finance and operations staff, reviews implementing partner budgets (as needed) for correctness and verify that budgets conform to FHI and donor regulations.
- Supervise the daily work of finance staff.
- Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with a wide range of finance issues.
- Builds and trains staff on financial policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent.
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or related field, and 5-7 years’ relevant experience in a business setting.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software required
- Prior experience working with international NGO’s and USAID funded programs required.
- Experience working with grants program preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English
- Deltek Costpoint enterprise software system experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of office software, including Word and Excel.
- Must be well organized, self-starter with attention to detail.
- Must have excellent communication skills and good command in both written and spoken Bahasa Indonesian and English.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and kindly include the job title in the subject line. Application will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.