Job Title： Human Resources Officer
Organizational Unit / Duty Station
(Department / Zone Office / Delegation….. etc.)： East Asia Regional Delegation (EARD)
Immediate Supervisor’s Title： Head of Country Cluster Support Team (HoCCST)
Technical Manager’s Title (if applicable)： Regional HR Manager
Duty Station： IFRC CCST Beijing
Duration of Assignment： TBD
Please send your Cover Letter and CVs (Chinese and English) with photos to email@example.com before Nov.11,2018.
Organizational context (where the job is located in the Organization)
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest volunteer-based humanitarian network. Together with our 190 National Societies worldwide, we reach 97 million people annual through long-term service and development program as well as 85 million people through disaster response and recovery program.
The four countries supported by the IFRC country cluster support team in Beijing –China, Japan, Mongolia and Republic of Korea, cover 28 per cent of the Asian continent and comprising 1.5 billion people. Disasters, poverty, unprecedented aging of the population, urbanization and migration contribute to increased vulnerability in this region. The population are also exposed to increased health risks due to epidemics, communicable and non-communicable diseases.
The IFRC office supports Red Cross Red Crescent Societies in East Asia in becoming stronger at home and abroad and in both disaster response operations and sustainable development initiatives. We act as a resource centre and conduit for exploration and adaptation of global initiatives to meet the sub-region’s needs and capacities.
To ensure, under the overall supervision of the Head of Country Cluster Support Team (HoCCST), the proper use of Federation resources according to established procedures; to organise the administration of the Country Cluster Support Team in an effective and efficient manner. Develop and monitor the application of agreements with partners and donors –such as integration agreements and MoUs with national societies, pledge management notes and agreements with donors for staff hiring. Serve as the HR focal for the EA region and manage HR processes. Provide support and policy and process guidance to the IFRC teams in East Asia and EANS, when required (currently the IFRC has a country delegation in Mongolia and DPRK)
Job duties and responsibilities
Recruitment & Selection:
1. Undertake human resource activities covering recruitment, selection and contract renewal via HR System of Delegate, National Staff, Consultant and Internship for China and Mongolia Office in line with local labour requirement, International Staff Regulation and Policies and coordinate with DSB on staff registration process;
2. Prepare and revised International and National Staff On-boarding program for newly join and E-boarding for staff ending of mission, resignation or end of contract;
3. Revise staff Job Description in consultation with HoCCST, Unit Head, Technical Head and Regional HR Manager on the actual work plan and operation plan if required.
Compensation and Benefit:
4. Develop or revise remuneration packages in consultation with the Regional HRBPs and in accordance with the grade and salary structure via market survey and instruction from HoCCST in close collaboration with the Regional HRBP.
5. Review and legal consultation of National Staff Regulation every two years with the actual situation, and requirement from HoCCST, ensuring that they are in line with the applicable national Chinese labour law and Chinese labour contract law
6. Prepare regular market survey regarding staff salary, and staff promotion and comply with IFRC standard and requirement. Market CPI (cost price index) for yearly cost of living survey and assessment of the local salary staff.
7. Organize well-being activity for staff every two months at least one activity
Performance Management and Staff Development:
8. Establish staff work performance objective, mid-term review and year end appraisal basing on the IFRC criteria; timely submit the final appraisal in the system and report to KL;
9. Manage in close collaboration with the line managers the learning objectives and development plans for staff;
10. Organized staff retreat or staff team building activities once a year
11. Prepare staff training record and head count in line with Financial reports
12. Ensure mandatory courses done by new comers and maintained all staff mandatory training record.
13. Socialised E-Learning platform to all staff and encourage them to set target at least 3 on-line courses per year.
Staff welfare, engagement & Industrial Relation
14. Administer health and welfare plans, including enrolments and terminations. Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
15. To work with Regional HRBPs on coordinating an appropriate system for health and psychological support programme (PSP) for staff to promote work life balance.
16. Ensure employee understanding of benefits programs by regularly generating communication and counselling employees/dependents as situations arise.
17. Resolve employee grievance based on the local labour act and Federation policy.
18. Planned yearly employee engagement program, ensure sufficient budget and execute the program promptly.
HR Transactional & Audit
19. Maintain personnel records and leaves for all delegation staff, national staff, consultancy and internship student; this include archiving documents and file periodically based on IFRC standards.
20. Assist on EARD process in the application of national law and manage the relationship with Diplomatic Service Bureau (DSB) and the MoFA for the implementation of the IFRC status agreement in China.
21. Prepare monthly CCST HR report and submit the report to KL on the 20th of every month;
22. Coordinate with Unit Manager and Regional HRBPs on the requirement on mandatory of training courses and prepare statistics report.
23. Coordinate, and accomplish audit report base on the recommendation and management action.
24. Take action on HR market action survey and try to accomplish all the requirements from the staff survey.
Duties applicable to all staff
1.Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
2.Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
3.Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manage
Position Requirements Education
Bachelor’s degree Management, Human Resource, Psychology, Behavioural Science or any related discipline are required
Certification on HR continuing education program is preferred
Membership to HR professional group/association is preferred
Minimum 5 years relevant professional work experience as a team lead and in a medium sized international company are required
Experience of working with an international organisation, international corporation or an international non-governmental organisation are required
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge about Red Cross Red Crescent Movement is preferred
Eager to learn –good understanding of financial and organisational strategy is required
Extensive knowledge in Chinese Labour Law and its application is required
Please add more on what we require like: recruitment, performance management, compensation, staff regulation, preparation of HR documents etc. .
Knowledge or experience working with China’s Diplomatic Service Bureau are preferred
Fluently spoken and written English are required
Fluently spoken and written Mandarin are required