Job Number: 521485 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: China
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a future
UNICEF and China have a long history of collaboration. In 1947, China became the first country in Asia to welcome a partnership with UNICEF, our first programme provided emergency relief services to children. China has the second-largest child population: 14% of the world’s children. We have made significant progress recently, advancing education and health rights, promoting gender equality and reducing poverty. For example, China has reduced its under-five mortality rate by 80% since 1990. For more information, please visit http://www.unicef.cn.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF China works with private sector to mobilize resources for children. We are now looking for a diligent and motivated new staff member to join our digital team. Under the supervision of the Digital Officer, the Inspired Gifts product assistant is responsible for building up E2E supply chain process for Inspired Gifts physical product approach such as demand planning, production planning, 3rd party logistic management, and aligned all suppliers to approved strategy.
- Assist in managing the demand planning process by collecting and influence operation team to provide better sales forecast and review forecast accuracy.
- Develop production plan related master data in the supply chain systems, including stock strategies, safety stock targets, and capacity parameters working in conjunction with Operation team.
- Manage inventory against targets and analyze changes to inventory month to month.
- Develop supplier relationship management including contract, KPI report and continuous improvement projects.
- Control weekly and monthly inventory and purchasing reports and ensure product execution within defined expectation and timelines.
- Undertake other related assignments in support of Inspired Gifts team
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Bachelor’s Degree required, major in Business management /Supply Chain/Logistic is preferred.
- 2+ years Ecommerce Trading experience ideally working for a branded product online retailer.
- Fluent Mandarin Chinese skills, reading and writing. Good command of spoken English and working knowledge of written English.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office applications;
- Strong, results-oriented, project management skills with demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to work in teams and independently; exceptional customer service attitude.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. In our effort to achieve a gender balance in our current workforce, we particularly encourage applications from qualified male candidates.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Opening Date Wed Apr 17 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间) China Standard Time
Closing Date Wed May 01 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间)