Job Title：International relations Assistant,based in RCSC
Organizational Unit / Duty Station：Beijing Country Cluster Support Team
Immediate Supervisor’s Title：Head of Beijing CCST
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies, 160,000 branches and 17 million volunteers. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 190 member National Societies. The Organization acts before, during and after disasters, crises and health emergences in order to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
The Federation’s Beijing Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) provides support to National Societies in China, Japan, Republic of Korea and Mongolia. The area has more than 20% of the world’s population and is subject to serious threats posed by frequently occurring natural disasters and public health emergencies. We works closely with National Societies in the region, covering a broad and well-established range of needed local and national services including Disaster preparedness, response and recovery, Disaster risk reduction, Community resilience, Health promotion, Water and sanitation, Voluntary non-remunerated blood donation, Organizational development, Youth development, etc.
The job is an operational job located within the Beijing Country Cluster Support Team however this position need to base in Chinese Red Cross Society for IFRC programmes implementation.
The Red Cross Society of China is one of the most important partner of IFRC and play more and more actively as an international humanitarian actor. The International relations Assistant will support an effective implementation of all international issues at operational level of the RCSC HQ and coordinate the good cooperation between IFRC and RCSC.
International relations Assistantreports to the Head of the Head of International Organisation Division of External Liaison Department of the Red Cross Society of China and facilitates and coordinates the international affairs.
This position will be located in RCSC HQ with tasks fulfilled to support IFRC related issues in priority, who may require to attend to IFRC meetings/trainings and complete necessary admin requirements in IFRC office every two weeks;
Job duties and responsibilities
He/she shall assist the Head of International Organizations in dealing with International Affairs of RCSC, including but not limited to:
- Maintain good relationship and cooperation between RCSC and other International Organizations;
- Develop and maintain regular cooperation mechanism between RCSC and other Red Cross Movement partners around the world;
- Organize International and regional conferences/meetings to boost exchanges and cooperation between RCSC and other international partners;
- Provide support to the collaboration between RCSC technical departments and their IFRC counterparts;
- Provide support to High level exchanges between RCSC and International Partners;
- Manage relevant files and documents of international cooperation and relations;
- Translate English/Chinese files and documents
Duties applicable to all staff:
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Secretariat’s goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent principles.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
- College degree or higher;
- Consent to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement basic vision and ideology;
- Proficient office computer software skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and etc.
- Language skills: fluent in English—be able to interpret, and translate in daily work; French preferred;
- Excellent learning skill；
- Strong sense of responsibilities and confidentialities;
- Excellent skills to communicate and coordinate in team works; Possession of team spirit.
|Interested candidates shall send their detailed CVs to the following email account: email@example.com no later than 17:00 PM Nov.11, 2018.Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview. Please mark clearly of the position name you applied (International relations assistant) in the subject of the email.|