Job Number: 521033 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: China
Work Type : Internship
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, response
Business has significant direct and indirect impacts across the whole spectrum of children’s rights. As a result, business has a responsibility to respect children’s rights, and the opportunity to be a powerful advocate and supporter of children’s rights through core business practices.
At UNICEF, we say children are everyone’s business. The objective of UNICEF’s newly launched Better Business for Children (BB4C), an evolution of the children’s rights and business and business advocacy, is to connect business, governments, academics and experts in children’s rights and corporate sustainability, to inspire awareness, action and innovation for children and to create visibility and action for respect and support of children’s rights in the workplace, marketplace and community.
UNICEF China has a full-time staff member dedicated to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) since November 2017. The 2019 CSR plan has been developed based on the fundamental works done in 2018 with a few more initiatives.
How can you make a difference?
Support on the research (40%)
- Mapping and research of the key stakeholders in engaging Chinese business investing overseas for children’s rights
- Support on the consultation project of developing strategies and entry points in engaging these stakeholders under the South-South Cooperation and Partnerships strategy
About 100 pages in total
- English to Chinese translation of key tools, including:
– Children’s Rights in Policies and Codes of Conduct (32 pages)
– Stakeholders’ Engagement on Children’s Rights (32 pages)
– Child Safeguarding Toolkit for Business (36 pages)
- Other documents as needed
Project and other support (30%)
- Support major engagements with GSMA (for using the power of Mobile and Technology for children), China Advertising Agency (for agenda and marketing), partners for family friendly workplace
- Attend regular meetings with partners, industry and companies and prepare meeting minutes.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University students: undergraduate or university graduate with major in English and translation, or in the area of research or corporate social responsibility.
- Previous volunteer/intern experience desired but not necessary.
- Fluency in English and Chinese is required.
- Good computer skills are required
 Completed at least two years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of an undergraduate degree.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Opening Date Tue Apr 02 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间) China Standard Time
Closing Date Mon Apr 15 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间)