Job Number: 520825 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: China
Work Type : Internship
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, partnership
UNICEF China Country Office has established a good track record of acquiring and growing corporate partners that are committed to support UNICEF programmes for multiple years.
How can you make a difference?
To help identify companies that would be suitable for corporate partnership development, the interns will have the following major duties and output expectations:
- Conduct mapping to identify potential corporate partners based on UNICEF corporate partnership criteria.
- Conduct corporate preliminary research and briefing books.
- Update the master company database.
- Update the corporate list for emergency and Inspired Gifts.
- Other research as per supervisor’s request.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Education: enrolment in the university programmes in business, marketing, market research, or development studies with familiarity of research.
- Language: fluency in oral and written Chinese and English.
a. Excellent reading skills: Ability to read and understand Chinese and English articles.
b. Excellent writing skills: Ability to write up research report or briefing with UNICEF provided template in both Chinese and English.
c. Excellent technical skills: Familiarity with MS Office, ability to conduct comprehensive research via internet research.
d. Good communication skills: Ability to work independently and also as a team member both within and outside the office.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are-
- Respect for and adherence to UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, and Integrity
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills and capacity to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
- Interest in learning and researching, gathering comprehensive information to support decision making
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Mon Mar 25 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间) China Standard Time
Closing Date Sun Apr 07 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间)