GOPA Consultants is seeking a full-time Junior Key Expert for the EU funded“EU-China Partnership Facility (ECPF)”
GOPA Consultants is the leading German development consulting firm and one of the strongest consulting groups in Europe. Since its founding in 1965, GOPA has successfully implemented over 3,500 management and training projects for national and international financing agencies as well as private industry in more than 130 countries.
Our reputation for excellence and efficiency is built on fifty years of planning and implementing technical assistance projects in developing and transition economies.
Currently we are preparing the tender for the EU funded “EU-China Partnership Facility (ECPF)”
Theoverall objective of the EU-China Partnership Facility (ECPF) is to advance EU-China relations in key priority areas. The facility is expected to contribute to the strengthening and enlargement of EU-China relations in line with the strategic framework represented by the EU Global Strategy, the EU Strategy on China, and the EU-China 2020 Strategic Agenda for Cooperation, as well as other relevant bilateral agreements.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- Help develop EU-China bilateral dialogues in specific priority areas of EU and mutual interest.
- Support implementation of the EU Strategy on China and Bilateral Agreements.
We are currently searching for the Key expert 2 Junior expert
The Key expert 2 will support the Team Leader in all aspects of the implementation of the project,
including facilitating the institutional partners in drafting specific ToR for the activities, exchanges
among different EU and Chinese partners or administrative tasks.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree at bachelor’s level (or equivalent) in a subject or discipline relevant to this
assignment such as social science, economy, political science, European studies, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- High proficiency in English and Chinese.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of full-time general professional experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of full-time working in project management and implementation.
Specific professional experience
- Preferably 5 years, but a minimum 3 years full-time proven post-graduate experience working
as an expert in related fields in the People’s Republic of China..
In addition to the minimum requirements described above, the following assets apply:
- Working experience international cooperation projects in Chinese is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of and past work relationships with relevant Chinese stakeholders and target
- Knowledge of EU/EU MS and EU cooperation with China.
The key expert 2 is expected to work full-time on this project and to take up residence in Beijing
(China) for the duration of the project (36 months). 220 working days per year is to be considered a full-time engagement.
A total of 660 working days are foreseen in this contract.
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take
GOPA’s development cooperation specialists implement numerous projects worldwide, and we continually compete for new ones. This offers opportunities in a multitude of technical fields. Interested in this job opportunity? Please send your recent CV (if possible in EU format) to Anna.Jaeger@gopa.de
For further information about GOPA Consultants, please visithttps://gopa.de/en