Title: Manager, wildlife
Location: Wuhan Office
Reports to: Practice Head, wildlife
* To develop project strategy in line with WWF Program strategy and goals.
* To develop fund raising proposal related conservation projects.
* Strengthens the project communications within WWF international network ,WWF China, WWFUS, WWFUK, WWF Southeast Asian, etc., or out of WWF.
* Manage and liaise account to strengthen relations with Government, partners, other NGOs, Donors and associate committees.
* Assists and coordinates with relevant offices of WWF China to develop the work plan to ensure the delivery of committed conservation results and impact.
* To make budget plan of the project and to monitor and evaluate its spending
* Overall management and taking responsibility for conservation activities, projects and staff within the division.
* To Liaises the internal collaboration across the projects/practices to ensure the achievement of the project conservation strategic goals and implementation of action plans.
* To manage the team’s performance by using WWF China’s performance evaluation tool (AIM). Coach focus on talent development and competency development of staffs.
* Master degree in related area is preferred.
* At least 8 years experiences in related area, 2-3 years in managerial role is preferred.
* Good relationship with government agencies, research institutes and relevant partners and working ability.
* Good communication skills, communicate effectively and efficiently.
* Proactive, innovative and output-oriented personality with good communication skills.
* Good command of English. Excellent English and Chinese in writing, speaking and reading.
* Willingness to update professional knowledge and skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic skills and good team worker.
* Strong project management skills, results orientation.
* Experience of working in an international context and the ability to respect and work well with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
* Adheres to WWF’s values
WWF China is under the implementation of Yangtze finless porpoise conservation as the core part of WWF China wildlife practice work along the central and lower Yangtze mainstream since 2002.
Working together with both global and local partners, WWF China is exploring the freshwater dolphin conservation by in-situ demonstration pilot, policy advocacy as well as public engagement, focus on securing survival of wild Yangtze finless porpoise in the natural habitat.
Now WWF China is looking for a highly skilled professional to manage the implementation & development of Yangtze finless porpoise conservation work across the central & lower Yangtze, helping to deliver the commitment of freshwater dolphin conservation together with the whole WWF network.
Internal relationship: Coordinates within WWF China: wildlife practice, freshwater practice, communication team, corporate engagement department.
External relationship: Coordinates within WWF network: WWF international wildlife practice, freshwater practice, WWFUS, WWFUK, WWFNL, WWFSE, WWF Mekong, etc.
* Candidates should send a cover letter, CV in English and Chinese to email@example.com.
* Please indicate the applying position in title, salary expectation in Email and send them in attachment.