Job Number: 520944 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: China
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, foster partnerships
UNICEF China works with private sector to mobilize resources for children. In this regard, content plays a key role in our engagement with existing and potential supporters. Under the supervision of a senior marketing officer, the marketing assistant will be responsible for the creation and/or adaptation of content in support of PSFR team’s work plan, with a special focus on donor retention, inspired gifts e-commerce regular campaigns, and social media management.
How can you make a difference?
In cooperation with other colleagues across the PSFR team and programme and communication teams, the incumbent is expected to take upon the following duties:
- Develop original content and adapt existing materials in support of donor communication and retention activities. These may include but are not limited to: human interest stories, eDMs, photo stories, newsletters and others
- Develop content for UNICEF China inspired gifts e-commerceregular campaigns, including ad copies for landing pages, display banners, product descriptions and others
- Assist in management of social media channels to maximize supporter engagement and write posts to stimulate interaction and conversion
- Manage and administer service providers, including contracts, payments, logistics, and others.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- As a minimum, completion of secondary education. University degree in Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, Chinese Language and Literature or other relevant discipline is preferred.
- At least five years of administrative work experience in reporting, public relations, copywriting, or web-based content creation. Required years of work experience may be replaced by additional studies beyond a secondary education.
- Ability to take an audience-focused approach in content development and be adaptive based upon data analytics and target audience insights.
- Experience of managing a Wechat public account is preferred.
- Fluency in Chinese and working knowledge of English.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Opening Date Wed Apr 24 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间) China Standard Time
Closing Date Sun May 05 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间)