Job Number: 520694 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: China
Work Type : Fixed Term Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, foster partnerships
While demonstrating results for children at scale in China, UNICEF also works with the government, private sector and other actors to harness the reach and resources of China for the benefit of children globally.
How can you make a difference?
We are looking for a seasoned professional in the field of external relations, partnerships development and resource mobilization in China. Under the guidance of the Senior Adviser for Public Partnerships, he/she will work on promoting partnerships and South-South Cooperation between China and countries in Africa and Asia for the benefit of the most disadvantaged children. The key responsibilities include:
- Seek and promote new partnerships between UNICEF and public-sector entities in China
- Act as a focal point for identification and pursuit of opportunities for outreach, engagement, policy influence and collaboration
- Develop, review and propose new policies and practices on South-South Cooperation
- Provide analysis of China’s investment in developing countries and formulate recommendations for strategic approaches and message development.
- Facilitate inter and intra-regional activities aiming at promoting best practices in South-South and triangular cooperation
- Build and maintain close relations with the Government to promote and implement South-South Cooperation activities
- Explore opportunities with relevant government entities for potential programmes for children in developing countries
- Contribute to the development of communications products to enhance UNICEF’s visibility and influence with existing and prospective partners and key stakeholders
- Provide supervision to the partnerships team. Establish individual performance objectives, goals and timelines; and provide timely guidance to staff
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree in international development, public affairs, international relations, political science or another related field
- At least five to eight years of progressively responsible professional experience in external relations or liaison and resource-mobilization related activities
- Proven experience in support to South-South Cooperation with the public sector in China
- Experience in engaging with Government counterparts outside of China is an asset
- Field experience in Africa and/or Asia desirable
- Strong advocacy and partnership building skills
- Fluency in English and Chinese
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. In our effort to achieve a gender balance in our current workforce, we particularly encourage applications from qualified male candidates.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Opening Date Thu Mar 21 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间) China Standard Time
Closing Date Thu Apr 04 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间)