Job Number: 525854 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: China
Work Type : Fixed Term Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, partnership
While demonstrating results for children at scale in China, UNICEF also works with the government, private sector and other actors to harness the reach and resources of China for the benefit of children globally. UNICEF is redefining its engagement with China to harness emerging and important opportunities to build partnerships for the benefit of children globally. As part of this effort, UNICEF is strengthening its capacity to engage with China in other regions and countries, including in Africa and Asia.
See this video for highlights of UNICEF’s work in China today.
How can you make a difference?
We are looking for a seasoned professional in the field of external relations, partnerships development and resource mobilization in China. Under the guidance of the Senior Adviser for Public Partnerships, he/she will work on promoting partnerships and South-South Cooperation between China and countries in Africa and Asia for the benefit of the most disadvantaged children. The P3 Partnerships Specialist work closely with partnership counterparts in China, regional offices, and country offices interested in engaging China – to guide the engagement process with Chinese partners globally, coordinate UNICEF’s engagement in China-related inter-governmental initiatives and coordinate reporting of China-supported projects globally. The key responsibilities include:
• Seek and promote new partnerships between UNICEF and public-sector entities in China
• Build and maintain close relations with partnerships counterparts in regional offices and country offices to guide their engagement process with Chinese partners to promote and implement successful South-South Cooperation activities
• Provide strategic, logistical and programmatic support to senior management and other UNICEF staff to enhance engagement with Chinese partners
• Act as a focal point to support UNICEF’s overall ‘China in the World’s approach, including soliciting updates and monitoring action points from across the organization
• Support coordination of UNICEF’s engagement in China-related inter-governmental initiatives (e.g. FOCAC) within China and across regions, aiming at promoting best practices in South-South and triangular cooperation
• Provide analysis of China’s investment in other developing countries and formulate recommendations for strategic approaches and message development.
• Seek and promote new partnerships to expand China-supported programmes for children in other developing countries with a range of partners
• Coordinate reporting of UNICEF’s cooperation with China, ensuring adequate quality assurance and timely submission to Chinese counterparts
• Contribute to the development of communications products to enhance UNICEF’s visibility and influence with existing and prospective partners and key stakeholders
• Provide supervision and guidance to the relevant members of the South-South cooperation and partnerships team.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• An advanced university degree in international development, public affairs, international relations, political science or another related field
• At least five to eight years of progressively responsible professional experience in external relations or liaison and resource-mobilization related activities
• Proven experience in support to South-South Cooperation with the public sector in China
• Proven experience in ensuring quality, timely reporting
• Experience in engaging with Government counterparts outside of China is an asset
Field experience in Africa and/or Asia desirable
• Strong advocacy and partnership building skills
• Fluency in English; knowledge of Chinese and other official UN language(s) a strong asset
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Opening Date Thu Aug 22 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间) China Standard Time
Closing Date Sun Sep 08 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间)