More job ads can be found in http://www.greenpeace.org.cn/about/jobs/
Please do submit your application letter and resume written in both Chinese and English.
Purpose and Scope of the Job
The Policy and Public Affairs Officer is responsible for developing effective relationship with key actors in governmental and non-governmental organizations in mainland China to promote Greenpeace campaign and organizational goals. Working closely with the campaign teams, the Policy and Public Affairs Officer will ensure the effective integration of political advice into campaigns and organizational development.
1. Work with teammates and campaign teams in mainland China to develop and implement government-related strategies and projects.
2. Actively engage in building effective relationship with players in governmental and non-governmental organizations in order to promote campaign and organizational interests. Oversee development and maintenance of extensive contacts.
3. Provide expertise with respect to political issues and civil society groups. Keep abreast of existing and emerging issues in the political and public domains which are related to the environment and Greenpeace. Conduct research. Analyze new development in support of campaign goals. Research and analyze a wide range of specialized material on campaign issues and strategies.
4. Organize activities and other public events. Make presentations and respond to public speaking requests. Attend and/or organize conferences. Respond to public inquiries about own area of work. Prepare materials and publications.
Be able to operate in fast changing circumstances with ability to quickly and effectively adjust plans to best deliver objectives.
5. Other duties as assigned by the Unit Head.
Act with integrity
Champion for Change
Coordinate & Implement Plans
Strive for Result & Quality
Influence Others (internal & external)
Negotiate with Others (internal & external)
Build Networks (internal & external)
Resolve Conflicts (internal)
Skills and Expertise required
Specific Work Environment
Works in a standard office environment, and is frequently required to travel to other Greenpeace offices, campaign locations or locations where environmental problems require the presence of Greenpeace representatives.
How to apply
As we receive a large number of applications for our advertised positions, we are unable to respond to applicants who are not invited for interview. We apologize for this in advance.
Interested parties, please submit your cover letter to explain your motivation to apply the position and resume at http://www.greenpeace.org.cn/about/jobs/. Please note if you fail to submit motivation letter your application will be deprioritized.
All information collected for recruitment purpose only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and we do not accept any calls or visits in the first instance.