Program Assistant, China Environmental Law & Governance Program
NRDC Beijing Office
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is an international nonprofit environmental organization with more than 2million members and online supporters. Since 1970, our lawyers, scientists, and other environmental specialists have worked to protect the world’s natural resources, public health, and the environment. NRDCworks in countries including the United States, China, India, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Costa Rica,and European Union.
NRDC’s primary role in China is to support leading domestic efforts on climate change mitigation, pollution reduction, energy efficiency, and more effective environmental governance. NRDC has been working with local partners in China for 20 years to help in developing solutions to the challenges in the field of environmental law and governance. .
NRDC is seeking a full-time Program Assistant for its China Environmental Law and Governance Project. The Program Assistant will be hired in a 12 month project based contract. The Program Assistant provides administrative and research support to the director and members of the China Environmental Lawand Governance Project. The main tasks include organizing conferences, events, drafting project agreements and business correspondence, f recording expenses and preparing financial reports, processing project payments and business expense forms, proofreading and translating Chinese and English documents,.
• Manage project contracts, including drafting contract, processing payments to partners, vendors, and consultants in China and US.
• Process monthly business expenses reports for director and team members.
• Provide comprehensive support for conferences, meetings, study tours, etc. Also provide temporary logistics support to coming consultants, visitors as necessary.
• Provide administrative support for the project in a variety of capacities includingorganizing meetings, printing, filing, translations, drafting of correspondence, attending meetings and notes taking, drafting agreements, and processing reimbursement.
• Carry out research assignment, Draft and review project documents, reports and translations.
• Contact and maintain good relationships with project partners.
• Provide administrative support to offices daily operation, including reception coverage, scheduling, filing, business expenses, travel arrangements, work permit and visa issues, etc.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
• Have excellent Chinese and English written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and perform well under deadlines.
• Ability to work independently, be a self-starter, hard-working and efficient.
• Have strong interpersonal skills and be detail oriented.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrated interest in environmental issues.
• Bachelor degree or above.
• At least 2 years of administrative experience in international company/organization.
• Working proficiency in spoken and written English and Chinese.
• High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other multimedia tools
NRDC offers competitive compensation based on experience and a pleasant working environment. Please include salary requirements in your cover letter. Please state your name and the position title in the subject of the email and send to: email@example.com. Please reference where you saw this posting. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. No phone calls or faxes please. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org and www.nrdc.cn.