The Program Director is responsible for overseeing the operation of the Academic Department. The primary goal is to ensure that students reach their highest academic potential through providing support and instructions to team members. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Program Director will work closely with Teachers and Learning Facilitators to establish a student and achievement centered culture. You shall ensure the functionality of systems that support student achievement and design targeted individual and group professional development for your team members. To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with children developmental growth, children psychology in particular in terms of education and learning, as well as familiarity with Chinese and western education.
A day in the life:
- Oversee academic operations to uphold high educational quality and program integrity
- Supervise learning facilitators and teachers to ensure quality control and efficiency
- Work closely with directors to prevent issues and oversights in design and implementation of teacher training and teacher assessment programs
- Develop solutions and design processes to improve operations (class management,
- teacher management，student progress, etc.
- Provide expertise on education and support to improve overall service offerings
- Recruit and interview teachers.
- Conduct training programs for new recruits
- Work closely with sales and service team to improve overall products and services based on market feedback and assist in marketing and sales events by providing teacher and content support
- You hold a BSc degree in Education, Psychology or relevant field
- You are a native English speaker or fluent in English. You may have some fluency in Chinese as well
- You have experience in education and may be familiar with the industry, international education and/or UK education
- You have at least 2+ years’ experience in a management role and are able to lead a team
- You have experience as a teacher of ESL/Chinese students
- You are able to take ownership as a leader and educator
- You are able to understand of Chinese students, needs and culture
- You understand child psychology or development and are able to accurately identify the difficulties or problems that students face
- You have a love for children and young youth
- You like and have the ability to coach or mentor young people
- You have excellent communication, observational and organizational skills
- You are friendly, empathetic and a good listener
- You are self-motivated with a passion for learning new skills and helping others fulfill their potential
- You’re able to use initiative to problem solve and make informed decisions by gathering and interpreting the relevant information
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
- Be student centered and have their best interest in mind. You will do your best to support them to achieve their education goals.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and are able to think on your feet.
- Have a learning and assertive attitude. Willing to share your experience, knowledge and ideas and take ownership.
- Possess international perspective and outlook.
- Strive to do your best for yourself, the company and our clients.
- Be able to face the tough and challenging moments
- Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
BeGo – Be Empowered: Go Beyond- is a place where dreams are carefully nurtured, witnessed by measured growth. Founded in the UK almost a decade ago, BeGo Education is a bespoke education consultancy which offers unique, customised services developed carefully to equip and empower students to successfully join international schools in Beijing or boarding schools and Universities in the UK. Designed for students between the ages of 8-16, our Individual Development Plan (IDP) combines research-based curriculums with support material and innovative life skills lessons enable each child to develop the attributes of a learner profile – ensuring their success in the dream school or universities and beyond.
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter explaining how your personality and experience meet our requirements, together with a detailed CV in both English and Chinese, to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.