Location: Shanghai, China
Reporting to: Solidaridad China Country Manager
Solidaridad is seeking an experienced, senior development professional as Programme Manager for China Country Office based in Shangahi, China who will be responsible for Climate Change & Agronomy related programmes.
Under the overall supervision of the China Country Manager, the Programme Manager will plan, supervise and manage field based implementation of sustainable programmes related to Climate Change & Agronomy in China. The Manager will work often with very small teams and would require extensive travel within China, and occasionally internationally.
The key responsibilities of the Programme Manager would include:
- Provide technical support/design strategies for agricultural sector to be climate smart and environment friendly
- Support and guide for field execution of programme
- Assist in organizing trainings programmes, stakeholder consultations, conferences and workshops etc.
- Promote new technology adoption for extension support at field level
- Assist and facilitate for organizing different studies and programme assessment
- Create and impart knowledge base
- Mobilise stakeholders and represent Solidaridad in different platforms
- Document on technical as well as sectoral aspects also developing different manuals and training modules etc
- Support in setting-up of field demonstrations and technical monitoring and evaluation aspects
- Develop resource materials, research papers with scientific base/tools
- Liaison with government agencies, universities and departments at national and provincial/district level
- Assist and guide for development of new proposals and programs.
- Create and share best practices in building climate resilience in agriculture in China, with a focus on agro-meteorology and insurance
- Masters in management/social sciences/sciences/Agriculture/environmental sciences from recognised universities in China or abroad
- The candidate should have at least 6 to 8 years of working experience on supply chain management, agriculture related projects, water related projects, climate change related projects
- The candidate should have experience of successful proposal development, fund raising and ability to work with log-frames
- Experience of project rolling out, project management, partnership management, M&E including financial management as well
- Familiarity and understanding of global sustainable debates and issues
- Flexibility and creativity will be necessity for this position
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your one-page motivation letter and no more than three-page resume in English to Mr. Li Rusong at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Application for Programme Manager, Climate Change & Agronomy, China Country Office in Shanghai before the middle night of 16, July, 2019.
The Solidaridad Network is an international network organization of eight regional expertise centres located in Europe, North America, Latin America, Africa and Asia, dedicated to promoting and innovating responsible and sustainable production and processing of several global commodities to meet the needs of the growing world population. Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume, can sustain us while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together the relevant actors and engage them in innovative solutions towards the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.