Location: Shanghai, China
Reporting to: Solidaridad China Country Manager
Solidaridad is seeking an experienced, senior development professional as Programme Manager for China Country Office based in Shangahi, China who will be responsible for Cotton & Textile related programmes.
Under the overall supervision of the China Country Manager, the Programme Manager will plan, supervise and manage field based implementation of sustainable programmes related to Cotton & Textile in China. The Manager will work often with very small teams and would require extensive travel within China, and occasionally internationally.
The key responsibilities of the Programme Manager would include:
- Oversee all project activities related to Cotton and Textile in the country
- Be responsible for overseeing the development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans and monitoring processes in consultation with the Country Manager
- Be responsible for submitting activity reports, meeting minutes and financial reports on regular basis to the relevant stakeholders.
- Lead and motivate the project team and monitor project activities and project expenditure and coordinate work with consultants and volunteers in the project
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for programme development (covering particular areas relevant to the programme’s structure, market etc) in consultation with the Country Manager
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of programme performance
- Monitor, measure and report on programme development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales
- Manage and control programme expenditure within agreed budgets
- Liaise with other programme managers so as to understand all necessary aspects of organisational development, and to ensure they are fully informed of organisational development objectives, purposes and achievements
- Engage and represent the Organization at stakeholder events
- Liaise with designated internal and external business partners, e.g. fashion brands, as well as defined NGO’s and trade unions to ensure relevant local laws and international conventions are upheld
- Help in creation of training material (leveraging prior experience) and rolling out their implementation with help of team members and manager wherever required for the benefit of the team members
- Undertake research and innovations for bringing new wave in the supply chain for sustainability of cotton & textile business
- Masters in management/social sciences/sciences/Agriculture/environmental sciences from recognised universities in China or abroad
- The candidate should have at least 6 to 8 years of working experience on supply chain management, cotton & textile related projects, agriculture related projects, water related projects, climate change related projects
- The candidate should have experience of successful proposal development, fund raising and ability to work with log-frames
- Experience of project rolling out, project management, partnership management, M&E including financial management as well
- Familiarity and understanding of global sustainable debates and issues
- Flexibility and creativity will be necessity for this position
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your one-page motivation letter and no more than three-page resume in English to Mr. Li Rusong at email@example.com with the subject line: Application for Programme Manager, Cotton & Textile, China Country Office in Shanghai before the middle night of 16, July, 2019.
The Solidaridad Network is an international network organization of eight regional expertise centres located in Europe, North America, Latin America, Africa and Asia, dedicated to promoting and innovating responsible and sustainable production and processing of several global commodities to meet the needs of the growing world population. Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume, can sustain us while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together the relevant actors and engage them in innovative solutions towards the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.