Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support the implementation of annual work plans and support budget and resource tracking of South-South/Trilateral Cooperation(SSC) programs in line with the WFP mandate and WFP China Country Strategic Plan;
2. Make preparations and arrangements of SSC programs in full consultation with stakeholders concerned;
3. Contribute to implementation of SSC programs, including travel when necessary, with timely reports;
4. Prepare reports/ briefings on SSC programs conducted, with in-depth analysis and innovative suggestions;
5. Conduct case studies on, identify and document successful experiences and best practices developed in China as well as in other developing countries in agricultural and rural development, food security and nutrition, for sharing through WFP’s broader corporate knowledge networks;
6. Responsible for management and maintenance of SSC Knowledge-Sharing Platform to enhance learning successful experiences, best practices and new initiatives in SSC;
7. Responsible for institutional level SSC engagement of WFP China, including but not limited to study tours, technical exchange, training workshops and capacity building activities in China;
8. Support SSC database and updates with necessary information to replenish and maintain the database;
9. Responsible for SSC knowledge management to support preparation and review of monthly highlights, and inputs for newsletters, wechat articles and SSC Quarterly, etc,.
10. Maintain an online community of individuals and organizations promoting and maximizing the exchange of information and data flow through SSC knowledge-sharing platform;
11. Facilitate to develop strategic partnerships with various governmental and inter-governmental agencies, NGOs and private sector to support SSC programs;
12. Perform other duties as and when required.
• Education: Advanced University degree (Master or above) in Agricultural Economics, Ecological agriculture, Environmental Sciences, International Development/Politics/Relations, Development Economics, or other relevant fields.
• Experience: Minimum 6 years of relevant working experience in food security, international development, or related fields. Minimum 6 years of experience in capacity strengthening with developing countries in agriculture, food security or nutrition. Minimum 6 years of experience in international development and cooperation.
Skills and competencies:
1. Sufficient knowledge about the development and food security challenges in developing countries.
2. Adequate knowledge about China’s agriculture and rural development experience and related technologies in food security and nutrition.
3. Good knowledge about government working procedures and adaptable to multi-national context in WFP global network.
4. Sufficient knowledge of South-South Cooperation and capacity strengthening principles.
5. Good knowledge about regional and international mechanism for agricultural cooperation, financing channels and partnership network for South-South Cooperation.
6. Sufficient knowledge about principles for MOU/ Partnership Agreement text preparing.
7. Sufficient knowledge about program/ project preparing process and text framework.
8. Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
9. Timely reports and other correspondence with ability and commitment to meet deadlines.
10. Ability to work under pressure and willingness to meet challenges.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Chinese.
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your profile. We strongly recommend that you ensure that the information is accurate and complete including employment record, academic qualifications and language skills.
• All female and male candidates are equally encouraged to apply for this position which is open for Chinese nationals only.
To apply please send us the Personal History Form (P11) no later than 10 February 2020:
• E-Mail: HR.email@example.com with Subject “Programme Policy Officer (NOA) – Ms/Mr. (Candidate’s Name)”