Handicap International (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, taking action and bearing witness in order to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Handicap International has been working in China since 1998. Our objective is to improve the socio-economic inclusion of people with disabilities, especially in rural areas, through pilot projects run in close cooperation with governmental partners, civil society and associations of people with disabilities.
HI is inviting applications from qualified professionals for the following positions:
Title: Project Manager
Under the direct line management of Operational Coordinator, the Project Manager will be responsible to manage Disability Inclusive Development project in Beijing. He/she will develop the project proposal, support to implement the Handicap International (HI) China country strategy, HI Federation policy and guideline and partnership management.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensure quality implementation of Disability Inclusive Development project
- Administrative and financial management of the project
- Project development, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Miscellaneous: Networking, knowledge management, capacity building, etc.
Profile required for the job:
Knowledge and experience
- University degree in International Development, Human rights (essential)
- Relevant experience on disability issue, especially on advocacy (desirable)
- The practical knowledge and experience in right based approach, non-discrimination, CRPD and other international human rights instrument (essential)
- Previous experience in support capacity building and development of civil society organizations
- Language(s): Native Chinese and fluent in spoken and written English (essential)
- At least 3 years project management experience, managing US funded project will be an added value
- Experience in remote management, capacity building and mentoring skill (essential)
- Good writing, reporting and communication skills (essential)
- Proven computer skills (essential)
Duration of the contract is initially for 1 year with possible extension.
Applicants are required to send your Motivation letter and CV in English and salary expectation to both email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by January 7th 2019. The position title ‘Project Manager” should be clearly indicated within the email subject for the position you are applying.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for test and interviews.