TFT (The Forest Trust) is an international fast growing and dynamic non-profit organization, which helps companies transform their supply chains across the world for the benefit of people and nature.
TFT is seeking a motivated
based in Beijing or Guangzhou, China
Responsibilities and Scope
- Conduct field audits / gap assessments of product supply chains against responsible sourcing procedures (e.g. legality and traceability systems) and International certification standards (e.g. FSC, PEFC, CFCC, and RSPO)；
- Review product supply chains and undertake GAP assessments against the standards/sourcing requirements. Compile findings into concise reports and prepare logical & workable action plans towards addressing non-compliance in the supply chain;
- Prepare supply chain databases, GIS maps, supply chain maps, technical reports;
- Support the preparation of workshops, seminars or other events to raise awareness and address supply chain issues;
- Prepare site visit & meeting records, and maintain communications with TFT China, Earthworm Foundation (Global), TFT China clients and stakeholder as required.
- Bachelor degree or higher in environmental science, natural resource management, forestry, agriculture, agronomy, timber and agriculture related supply chain management, chemical engineering or related field. An advanced degree would be an advantage;
- Ideally, at least five years’ professional experience working with supply chains in either pulp and paper, forests and extractive industries or other agriculture commodities. Preference for candidates with experience dealing with complex supply chains (logistics and management) with links to sustainability and legality requirements. Proven experience working with companies to achieve International third party certification preferred, such as FSC CoC, PEFC, CFCC, and RSPO. Preference will also be given to candidate with strong textile chemical experience；
- Bilingual office skills. Proficiency in Chinese and English (speaking, writing and reading);
- Working knowledge of MS Office, GIS, supply chain mapping software, data analysis and presentation skills are desirable;
- Ability to work both independently and in a small team;
- Ability to prioritize and organize his or her own work schedule with minimum supervision；
- Regular business trips to client offices, forests and factories in remote and rural regions, which may include stays in rustic conditions.
- year contract, extension possible subject to performance and available funding;
- Immediate start;
- Chinese citizenship/valid work authorization required；
- Foreign nationals with China working visa are also encouraged.
What We Offer
- A unique work experience in a fast growing and dynamic non-profit directly affecting the conservation of the environment and improvements in human rights and social equity through supply chains;
- A dynamic environment with the chance to work in a multicultural team;
- The opportunity to lead complex projects, build customer relationships and develop new business, with exposure to different tasks.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV via email to:
Please put your Family name and “ Project Manager Beijing or Guangzhou” in the subject line of the email.
We will contact successful candidates by email for an initial interview.
The position will be open until filled.
For more information about TFT, please see : http://www.tft-earth.org/