Handicap International (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, taking action and bearing witness in order to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Handicap International has been working in China since 1998. Our objective is to improve the socio-economic inclusion of people with disabilities, especially in rural areas, through pilot projects run in close cooperation with governmental partners, civil society and associations of people with disabilities.
HI is inviting applications from qualified professionals for the following positions:
Title: Project Manager
Under the direct line management of Operational Coordinator, the Project Manager will be responsible to manage Poverty Alleviation for PWD （Persons with Disabilities） in Sha’an Xi province. He/she will manage the project l, coordinate with local partners for the project implementation, also he/she needs to support to implement the Handicap International (HI) China country strategy, HI Federation policy and guideline and partnership management.
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the designing, implementation, manage and monitoring of project activities in Sha’an Xi province;
- Responsible for the maintenance, development and coordination local DPF project staff and its partnership;
- Produce high quality internal and external reports to HI etc.
- Responsible for the communication and advocacy of the project work to promote HI branding;
- Representing DPF in local and national on project related work as agreed by the HI;
- Administrative and financial management of the project;
- Other relevant duties, as directed by HI.
- Ensure quality implementation of the project;
- Project monitoring and evaluation of the project; and
- Miscellaneous networking, knowledge management and capacity building etc.
Profile required for the job:
- Experience in management position of development projects, preferably in NGO contexts (essential)
- Skills/experiences in livelihood activities
- Abilities to lead and carry out activities of all project cycle, from planning, implementation, management to monitoring and evaluation. (essential)
- Strong analytical and writing skills with the ability to write concise and accurate progress reports for donors. (essential)
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and negotiation skills. (essential)
- Fluent spoken and written Mandarin and English. (essential)
- Very strong coordination, organization and communication skills. (desirable)
- Willing to work under difficult situations and high level of challenges. (desirable)
- At least 3 years project management experience, managing US funded project will be an added value
- Experience in remote management, capacity building and mentoring skill (essential)
Duration of the contract is initially for 2 year with possible extension.
The post will be based in Beijing, China and available to travel to project areas within China.
Applicants are required to send your CV in English and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com before June 10th 2019. The position title ‘Project Manager for Sha’an Xi” should be clearly indicated with the email subject for the position you are applying.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for test and interviews.