ROLE: Regional Program Director – China
LOCATION: Beijing, China
START DATE: April 1st, 2019 or sooner
CONTRACT TERM: 2 years + options for renewal
ROLE DESCRIPTION: The JUMP! Foundation is currently seeking a skilled and energetic candidate to fill the role of Regional Program Director in Beijing, China. This individual will be an educational visionary who is also an enthusiastic and goal-oriented manager. The Regional Program Director will direct and manage all projects related to staff development, program innovation & risk management for experiential education programs in the region. The Regional Program Director will effectively solve problems through individual initiative; accurately communicate with the JUMP! Foundation’s multi-cultural and international client base; and contribute to the total efforts of a small, dedicated team.
ROLE RESPONSIBLITIES: The Regional Program Director will have competence and flexibility in a variety of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Directing the long-term strategy for JUMP! programs and partnerships in China
• Managing China’s regional budget & financial systems
• Leading program design and curriculum development for multiple programs, including collaborating with Educators and other program stakeholders
• Managing the monitoring and evaluation for experiential education programs
• Management, mentorship, and professional development all JUMP! China staff.
• Managing Risk Assessment and Risk Management for JUMP! programs in China
• Enhancing existing JUMP! China programs and developing new JUMP! China programs
• Supporting the development of new partnerships and programs in China
• Contributing to the long-term organizational vision and strategic plan of the JUMP! Foundation.
• Supporting the organizational management of the JUMP! Foundation through engaged participation on the Senior Management Team.
• 5+ years of management experience
• 7+ years work experience in Experiential Education
• Risk management skills: extensive experience in risk management process, including conducting risk assessments, developing safety standards and protocols, and training staff.
• Project management skills: experience in managing multiple programs of varying size with diverse objectives
• Team management skills: experience managing and mentoring high performing program teams
• Program design skills: experience in designing experiential education programs and curriculum
• Financial management skills: able to create and manage complex budgets and expense tracking systems and report on financial targets
• Stakeholder management skills: ability to foster multiple relationships with diverse program stakeholders
• Monitoring and evaluation skills: familiarity with monitoring and evaluation approaches for experiential education programs
• Experience working / teaching in schools
• Passion for working with youth
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Google products
• WFR Certification or above
• Master’s degree or equivalent experience
• Program design skills: experience in designing experiential education programs and curriculum that integrate with international school curricula and frameworks (i.e. IB curriculum)
• Monitoring and evaluation skills: extensive experience with monitoring and evaluation approaches for experiential education programs
• Proficiency in Asana and/ or related project management platforms
• Master’s degree in Education, Outdoor Education, Experiential Education, or a related field
• Prior experience living and working abroad, in multi-cultural contexts
• Experience designing, developing, and facilitating youth education programs
• Familiarity with the International School system
Director of Programs
Salary & Compensation will be commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER AND CV / RESUME TO:
JUMP’s HR Manager (Jute) – email@example.com
Please cc JUMP’s Executive Director – firstname.lastname@example.org