China-i, a leading strategic risk management and communications consultancy, is seeking a motivated aspiring Researcher to join our HQ in Beijing.
Our clients are all Chinese organisations that are involved in some of the most exciting and impactful projects in the world today. As they go overseas and diversify their operations, China-i has carved out a niche advising Chinese Fortune 500 companies as they develop and implement their corporate strategies. As a China-i Research Intern you will gain insight into how Chinese companies are changing as they go overseas in an ever-changing world.
This exciting opportunity requires a curious individual who is looking to learn by doing in an emerging sector in China. Although the role is a temporary one, there is the potential that it could be made permanent as we expand our products and services over the next 12 months.
- Conduct high-quality, accurate and timely research analysis on a host of subjects covering our clients’ and China’s place in the world.
- Consistently produce excellent analytical work that utilises strategic and technical thinking to tight deadlines.
- Work comfortably individually or as part of a team in a flexible work environment. When needed, support the wider China-i family in other business areas.
- Contribute to the maintenance of company databases.
- At least a master’s degree, or expectation of obtaining one within the next 12 months, in economics, international relations, anthropology or related discipline.
- Demonstrative professional or academic experience in China and internationally, especially in other developing countries.
- Curious mind combined with investigative skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills that is able toconvey complex information in a simple way.
- Knowledge of the global media landscape – publications, multi- media platforms and trends.
- Ability to explain complex issues simply.
- Capacity to collaborate constructively with anyone andanywhere.
- Ability to multi-task, organise, and pay attention to the details.
- Must be based in China and legally able to intern for the full 3 months.
WHAT WE OFFER
A fair stipend for the duration of the internship.
Please send your CV and cover letter (1-page max) to email@example.com
China-i is a global strategic risk, M&A, and communications consultancy. We work exclusively with Chinese organisations. Since our founding in 2008 we have become a trusted adviser to Fortune 500 Chinese companies, as well as top governmental and non- governmental institutions as they go forth into the world.
After over a decade at the forefront of changing the way China communicates to the world, we continue to lead the way as a thought leader in innovative and inclusive solutions to the unique challenges that China faces in the world. We distinguish ourselves as an advisory company in not only advising but working hand-in-hand with clients to implement those solutions. We share our clients’ experiences and risks on the front-line from strategy development to implementation throughout the life-cycle of a project. Only by traversing the terrain between strategy and reality can one fully understand the risks faced by the client and work to provide solutions. Our other key innovation is using the Social Licence as the basis of all our branding and communication work. This has proven to provide the most successful results from both the point of view of sustainability and benefit to all parties.
We continue to expand in size and scope in line with China’s growing contribution to the world. Through our work on mainstreaming the Social Licence we believe that Chinese brands are quickly becoming leaders in the global efforts to create a more sustainable future. We believe visionary initiatives as the Belt and Road Initiative and a Community with a Shared Future for Mankind will create a great environment for a more equitable and harmonious future for our world. We are proud that our work is helping to realise this dream.
The China-i family is passionate about doing well by doing good, being experts in excellence, and helping our members, as we do with our partners, to change their world by changing the world with them.