China-i, leading global strategic risk, M&A, and communications consultancy, is seeking a motivated Researcher with a social science background to join our HQ in Beijing.
Our clients are all Chinese organisations that are involved in some of the most exciting and impactful projects in the world today. As they go overseas and diversify their operations, China-i has carved out a niche advising Chinese Fortune 500 companies as they develop and implement their corporate strategies. As a China-i Researcher you can be at the forefront of our client’s efforts to sustainably develop their business.
This exciting role will require someone who enjoys carrying out in- depth research on a multitude of interesting and high-profile projects both independently and as part of a team. This role requires a perceptive individual to use a wide range of resources to produce focused, original analytical research, and media intelligence. This role offers significant career development opportunities in our growing global team as we expand our products and services for our clients.
- Conduct high-quality, accurate and timely research analysis on a host of subjects covering our clients’ and China’s place in the world.
- Consistently produce excellent analytical work that utilises strategic and technical thinking to tight deadlines.
- Contribute to the development of practical and innovative solutions for clients.
- Work comfortably individually or as part of a team in a flexible work environment. When needed, support the wider China-i family in other business areas.
- Maintain company databases.
- Ability to proactively identify issues before they arise anddevelop strategies to minimize the risk for the client.
- Contribute to proposal and business development.
- At least 1-year experience in communications, risk management, or journalism
- At least a master’s degree in economics, international relations, anthropology or related discipline.
- Demonstrative professional experience in doing business in China and in other developing countries.
- Advanced investigative and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills that is able toconvey complex information in a simple way.
- Expert knowledge of the global media landscape – publications, multi-media platforms and trends. Knowledge of journalist profiles and media contacts would be advantageous.
- Ability to qualify, verify and summarise research clearly
- Capacity to collaborate constructively with anyone andanywhere.
- Proven ability to produce reports on an ad-hoc and routine basis clearly presenting research findings.
- Ability to multi-task, organise, and pay attention to the details.
- Ability to work in Chinese would be advantageous.
WHAT WE OFFER
A highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send your CV and cover letter (1-page max) to email@example.com
China-i is a global strategic risk, M&A, and communications consultancy. We work exclusively with Chinese organisations. Since our founding in 2008 we have become a trusted adviser to Fortune 500 Chinese companies, as well as top governmental and non- governmental institutions as they go forth into the world.
After over a decade at the forefront of changing the way China communicates to the world, we continue to lead the way as a thought leader in innovative and inclusive solutions to the unique challenges that China faces in the world. We distinguish ourselves as an advisory company in not only advising but working hand-in-hand with clients to implement those solutions. We share our clients’ experiences and risks on the front-line from strategy development to implementation throughout the life-cycle of a project. Only by traversing the terrain between strategy and reality can one fully understand the risks faced by the client and work to provide solutions. Our other key innovation is using the Social Licence as the basis of all our branding and communication work. This has proven to provide the most successful results from both the point of view of sustainability and benefit to all parties.
We continue to expand in size and scope in line with China’s growing contribution to the world. Through our work on mainstreaming the Social Licence we believe that Chinese brands are quickly becoming leaders in the global efforts to create a more sustainable future. We believe visionary initiatives as the Belt and Road Initiative and a Community with a Shared Future for Mankind will create a great environment for a more equitable and harmonious future for our world. We are proud that our work is helping to realise this dream.
The China-i family is passionate about doing well by doing good, being experts in excellence, and helping our members, as we do with our partners, to change their world by changing the world with them.