The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung (RLS) is a non-profit, legally and organizationally independent organization from the Federal Republic of Germany, yet associated with the German political party “Die Linke” (“The Left”). The party regards the RLS as its political think-tank and education association. Based on the principles and values of Socialism the RLS is engaged in research in the areas of political and social science, acts as a hub for programmatic discussions about modern socialism and as a think tank for political alternatives, supports educational measures, dialogues and exchange both in Germany as well as internationally. The RLS is one of the largest socialist political research and education organization worldwide tody.
RLS also provides support for dialogue and exchange projects abroad. These projects are directed at peace and international understanding, reflecting socialism as well as as ecological & sustainable development. RLS has offices in 16 countries.
After officially registered this year, RLS is expanding its operation in China. Now, for our Beijing Office we are looking for a
- Leading and developing existing exchange projects of the RLS office in China, drafting, revising and executing project work plans & budgets according to the specific project requirements;
- Developing and executing new dialogue & exchange projects in the field of sustainable development, social and ecological policies, socialism and Marxism, as well as future peace and cooperation strategies;
- Managing day-to-day operational aspects of project management with the co-operation partners of RLS in China
- Preparing planning, monitoring and evaluation procedures and managing the events to be executed as planned, on time and within budget(s), effectively developing and applying project management standards and/or PM tools, as well as training of cooperation partners in working processes and methodologies applied by RLS
- Ensuring that project documents are complete, up-to-date and stored appropriately
- Together with the financial managers, developing project budgets and assisting cooperation partners in managing and reporting these budgets
- Assisting in project related PR issues such as providing the project-related contents for the website and promotional events
- Communicating relevant project information to the Chief Representative and the team of RLS China and to the headquarter of RLS in Berlin
- Reporting project progress and routine developments
- On request participation in conferences, workshops, seminars, and trainings
- Master or equal degree preferred in political or social sciences
- At least 2 years of experience in project management preferably in dialogue & exchange projects related to social policies, sustainable development, international cooperation as well as to future peace and development strategies
- Experience with and interest in the political system of China, good connections to government and/or party think tanks as well to institutions of research and higher education in China
- Strong interest in political and social issues, ecological, economic & participatory questions
- fluent in English & Chinese; knowledge of German will be of advantage
- Very good computer knowledge & handling, good presentation and communication skills
- Proven managerial skills, good team-worker, self-asserting and convincing, able to work under pressure
- Willing to work independently, actively and ready to work extra hours when necessary, prepared to travel in China and overseas
The job is classified as a full-time employment with a regular monthly salary according to Chinese laws and the regulations of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation & Development (BMZ) after proof of suitability of the applicant. Working place is Beijing. Applicants who are available immediately will be preferred.
Please e-mail your application with your CV, copies of your degrees and proof of former work experience as well as your salary expectations in English to:
Closing date for applications is December 12, 2017
We can not send acknowledgements for receiving of applications.