Australian Embassy, Beijing
|Location||Australian Embassy, Beijing|
|Title||Senior Social Media / Communication Manager|
|Section||Public Affairs and Culture|
|Reports to (title)||First Secretary|
|Gross Annual Salary||RMB340,916 (plus loading if applicable)|
About the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The Department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the position
The Senior Social Media/Communications Manager’s job is to promote and raise the awareness of Australia in the Chinese media and the general public and maintain a positive image of Australia in the Chinese media and the general public through organizing media and cultural activities and events associated with senior visits and those involving literature/publishing, film, sports, cultural events and other key Embassy activities and cross-government initiatives.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
· Design and implement social network strategy, generate inbound traffic to social media platforms and extend outreach beyond our Weibo and WeChat accounts
· Lead the development of an annual public diplomacy strategy and develop, implement and evaluate public diplomacy action plans
· Develop new social media opportunities including new platforms and partners, such as KOLs
· Develop a marketing style and ensure a cohesiveness of all Embassy visual materials
· Create and adapt content for Embassy website, WeChat, Weibo and all new online platforms
· Produce a range of marketing materials for the Embassy’s events and activities including banners, posters and brochures.
· Measure results and analyse effectiveness of social media campaigns
· Build and maintain internal and external relationships
· Liaise with DFAT Canberra regarding online protocols
· Provide guidance and development to junior staff in new technologies to build team capacity
· Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy
· Assist with identification of problems and opportunities for Australia in the social media landscape and assist to develop strategies to deal with such issues in an effective and timely manner.
· Seek out opportunities for the Australian Government to profile itself as a leader in social media
· Address technical issues, at times out of normal business hours.
Applicants should address all six (6) of the selection criteria below, clearly outlining their claims and specific experience that makes them suitable for this position (maximum 300 word each criteria).
1.Marketing/communications qualifications and at least five years’ experience working with online platforms, including social media
2.Demonstrate the ability to create, implement and evaluate social media activities and programs
3.Fluent English and Mandarin language with excellent writing skills
4.Display an in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, and their respective participants (WeChat, Weibo and Youku)
5.A team player with the knowledge and confidence to lead and guide other employees
6.Demonstrate the ability to develop marketing promotional materials.
What we offer
1.A diverse and inclusive workplace and attractive remuneration package
2.Exciting and fulfilling work in a diplomatic mission
3.The opportunity to work with strong, smart, visionary and experienced leaders who encourage and support you to develop your skills.
PREPARING YOUR APPLICATION
Your application, written in English, should include:
1.Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
Please attach current curriculum vitae.
2.Application for Locally Engaged Staff Employment – Complete Attachment A
Locally engaged staff are employed by the local Australian mission on either an ongoing basis or short term (fixed term) temporary basis with mission specific terms and condition of employment. Please ensure that you have read the relevant terms and conditions of employment before submitting an application. The Embassy’s Locally Engaged Staff Terms and Conditions of Employment can be requested via email to email@example.com.
3.Selection Criteria – Complete Attachment B
Applicants are required to address the selection criteria by completing Attachment A. For each criterion, applicants should limit their response to 300 words. Appendix 1 provides useful information on how to address the selection criteria. Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before 17:00 on Friday, 14 September 2018. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
For further information about this position, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that only applicants short-listed for interview will receive a written reply. If you have not received any communication from the Human Resources Section of the Australian Embassy within four weeks after the close of application, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your understanding and your interest in working at the Australian Embassy in Beijing.