Job Number: 521661 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: China
Work Type : Fixed Term Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child, an advocate
UNICEF is the leading United Nations organization for children. As a key voice for children’s issues in China and beyond, digital space has become an essential platform for UNICEF to sustain and build long-term audiences and to grow our brand to advocate and leverage results for children.
How can you make a difference?
We are now seeking a committed and skilled professional to join our Communication Team to help bring innovation and cutting-edge technology solutions for the digital communication needs of the UNICEF China country programme. The incumbent will support with the gathering of relevant content and adapting it to the needs of the diverse audience groups and delivering communication materials and products in an evolving and fast-paced environment. Your responsibilities will include:
- Producing high-quality, engaging and innovative digital communication products and materials, gathering content and adapting it to relevant communication activities for the right audience
- Supporting the production of digital communication materials that meet country and global standards
- Supporting the monitoring of production of digital advocacy and communication materials (e.g., social media content, videos, photos, etc.)
- Assisting in developing and maintaining close collaboration with relevant digital media, as well as with groups and organizations and contribute to drafting and editing articles, human interest stories and other advocacy/campaign materials in all digital media
- Travelling to project sites and producing human interest stories, blogs, photographs and video clips to be published on the website and other media.
- Supporting the monitoring and evaluation of activities according to the work plan to ensure maximum impact and continuous improvement of UNICEF China’s digital communication efforts
- Contributing to good quality data collection, analysis, evaluation and reporting to ensure effective digital communication strategies and informed campaigning to promote a positive public perception of UNICEF China
- Providing professional support on all aspects of digital communication as required to senior management, programme colleagues to inform and educate country team, media and partners
To qualify as an advocate for every child, you will have…
- A bachelor’s degree or relevant other education or training in communication, digital communication, new media, journalism, marketing, public relations or other related field.
- At least four years of related working experience, some of which should be in supporting social media engagement strategies or related fields. Candidates with a master’s level degree need only have two years of related work experience to qualify
- Clear understanding of social media standards and usability methods.
- Familiarity with social media monitoring tools, technologies and software.
- Knowledge of digital media, communication, marketing and public relations.
- Experience with photo and video image acquisition and editing are highly desirable.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin.
Do you have?
- A commitment to contribute to effective digital communication for children
- Respect for and adherence to UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, and Integrity
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills and capacity to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
- Interest in learning and researching, gathering comprehensive information to support decision making
In our effort to obtain a gender-balanced workforce, we’re particularly looking at qualified male candidates to join the team.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Opening Date Wed Apr 24 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间) China Standard Time
Closing Date Wed May 08 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0800 (中国标准时间)