The Forest Trust (China)
The Forest Trust is an international dynamic non-profit organization which helps companies transform their supply chains across the world for the benefit of people and nature.
TFT is seeking a motivated
Based in Beijing, China
The candidate should have good accounting, administration and communication skills and be willing to work in a small team of multi-disciplinary professionals that are passionate about natural resource sustainability issues.
About The Forest Trust
The Forest Trust (China) is affiliated with the Earthworm Foundation (EF) which currently has presence in 19 countries including Indonesia, Malaysia, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, India, and several locations within West Africa, Europe and the Americas. EF employs more than 200 people worldwide and work with big and small companies, communities and producers of raw materials to create compelling cases of transformation. With an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, we work on the ground with people to create inspiring transformation stories. We focus on creating value, engage without judging and carry hope and a positive vision of the future.
What Makes Us Unique
Beyond providing advice on policy set up based on our strong technical expertise, we see the world through interactions and relationships. Operating between two worlds (NGO-Companies/Buyer-Supplier), we encourage our partners to look inside, and are not only their environmental conscience. In addition to traceability and assessments, we create and innovate solutions to the challenges companies and communities face.
What We Offer
• A unique work experience in a dynamic non-profit directly impacting the conservation of the environment and improvements in human rights and social equity through supply chains.
• An organic environment with the chance to work in a multicultural team with passionate people.
• The opportunity to lead complex projects, build customer relationships and develop new business, with exposure to different tasks.
Responsibilities and Scope
Finance and Accounting：
• Liaise with banks on TFT accounts to track and reconcile OP Fund transactions and payments to vendors, TFT personnel salaries and expenses;
• Work with Local Tax Bureau/National Tax Bureau/Industry and Commercial Bureau for Tax declaration and Regular checks;
• Contact with corporate auditing firm to prepare audit report for annual checks by Industry and Commercial / Security Bureau;
• Manage payments for vendors & personnel expenses, and processing receipts for TFT members/clients and HQ finance department;
• Supporting annual/quarterly budget preparation, forecasting and reconciliation of accounts.
Administration & HR:
• Assist in the company registration and its annual renewal process;
• Contact local third party contractors regarding:
(a) staff contract renewals and salaries, recruitment/resignation procedures according to China’s Labour Laws;
(b) Finance, Tax & HR policy changes and implementation;
(c) Foreign employee working visa, plus employment / residency permits;
• Assist with arranging business trips (flight/train tickets, hotel and meeting room reservation; visa applications for international travel);
• Office administration: purchasing office supplies/equipment; lease/utility payments, office equipment maintenance ; negotiating corporate hotel contract & office lease renewals;
• Support various TFT activities, such as conferences, meetings, and team-building programs.
• Strong discipline of delivering quality outputs in a timely manner;
• Financial accountability, systematic checking of figures and budget status;
• Submission of timesheets, monthly reports and other documents within given timelines.
Requirements – Candidate Profile Qualifications & Experience
• Experience in finance and accounting (preparing budgets & financial forecasts, accounts receivable/payable essential, and foreign currency transactions);
• Experience in administration and Human Resources;
• Experience with accounting, finance and tax software;
• Bachelor degree in accounting/finance, or Cashiers certification / license plus 5 years relevant work experience;
• Working knowledge of MS Office software (Excel, Word);
• Ability to work both independently and in a small team, and communicate periodically with an international team;
• Ability to prioritize and organize his or her own work schedule with minimum supervision.
• Chinese (mandarin) essential;
• Working proficiency in English (speaking, writing and reading).
• Flexibility, mature, takes initiative/proactive, optimistic and positive attitude.
• Good teamwork spirit and the ability to work within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and work autonomously.
• Good communication skills and negotiation ability
• Committed to TFT values:
– Focus on action and on-the-ground results;
– Entrepreneurial spirit;
– Open collaboration and communication;
– Respect for each other.
Working conditions / Physical effort:
• Office based in Chaoyang District, Beijing, China;
• Periodic visits to government departments, CIIC and banks;
• Occasional domestic/ international travel as required;
• 2-year contract with extension subject to performance;
• Immediate start;
• Chinese citizenship/valid work authorization required;
• Foreign nationals with China working visa are also encouraged to apply;
• Competitive salary and benefits.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th January 2020. Please put your “Family name” and “Administrative Officer-Beijing” in the subject line of the email. We will contact successful candidates by email for an initial interview. The position will be open until filled. Only candidates who send a full application will be considered. Only selected candidates will be contacted.